Just Curious (old habits die hard!)

VirginiaRick

Not me. Until it comes to the house door. Then I stand there with arms full of stuff wondering how I am gonna get inside. I tried convincing hubby we needed keyless entry. He didn't go for it.

https://lockitron.com/preorder

I got in on their kickstarter last year. By this summer (Supposedly ships in June) I wont ever need to take a key out of my pocket again!

I am only a week into this keyless thing and about 75% of the time I am reaching to pull the key out of the steering column when park. It feels like walking up the stairs and taking that extra step at the top and it not being there.

My 5 year old loves the lock button on the handle though. She has figured out that if she holds her finger on the lock button on the passenger side while I am trying to unlock the door by just putting my hand in the handle on my side... The doors do not unlock. My wife and her were laughing their tails off at my frustration. Happy April fools to them.

I just moved over from a Camry Hybrid that had keyless entry and every so often I used the key fob there, this continues with my Cmax but now that I can open the back doors with the keyless entry I believe that even this seldom use will be diminished. I hate it when I rent a car that only has keys. Just like others it is an inconvenience when the door won't open at my. Magic touch :)

I love the keyless entry! Never had this before and it makes me smile whenever I use it.  Last week I couldn't locate either of my FOBs. (unfortunately, this is not unusual - but that is another story).  Anyway, I was able to locate it finally when I walked up to the car with one of my equipment packs in hand. When the door responded, I knew it was in that pack. The more interesting thing I discovered was that the other FOB was in the pocket of my jacket inside the car. Not thinking that it is a good idea to allow the doors to shut - locked with the key inside, I looked this feature up in the manual. If I understand correctly, if you leave the car with locked doors and the car detects only one FOB - and that FOB is inside the car, then the doors will unlock within a few seconds, and the car will chirp at you. Since I had a locked car with a FOB inside, I concluded that the car must have detected the other FOB in the pack in my hand when I left the car. Still - love that keyless entry feature!