Floor Mat Color Choice

fishead924

I've got the light stone leather interior, and I'm having a hard time deciding on what color WeatherTech Digital Liners to get. The tan liners looks more brown in the pictures, and the carpet looks like it's closer to a beige/gray, but the gray option looks closer to crayola gun metal. The fall-back position is good 'ole, goes with everything black, but that's kinda my third choice.

Just wondering what others with this interior have chosen and how they feel about their choice over time.

I have the stone leather interior with generic heavy duty gray mats and like the look.  There are several silver/gray interior trim pieces to pick up the color so they certainly don't look out of place.   The pic makes them look darker.  

C0EF95E0-16D5-4FC3-9F62-463DA99A3BCF-323

Here's another pic of the rear mat but in black.   I think it looks fine too.

8605096B-2961-4EAC-8557-604DE5ED4CED-323

HTH

...Just wondering what others with this interior have chosen and how they feel about their choice over time.

I got the WeatherTech black mats early on, when that was the only color they had.  At the time I kind of wished for the lighter ones, but now I think the black ones might be better for not showing dirt.

VR

OK... shortly after a previous post , UPS delivered our replacement gray mats.  They are somewhat darker than we expected.  Opted for the Digital Liners in the front and All-Weather mats for the back.  The Digital Liners would make the in floor rear storage compartments almost impossible to access IMO.  Note: the rear All Weather mats are noticeably darker than the front Digital liners.

fishead924, you describe the Digital Liner colors perfectly.  With both equally mismatching, to my eye the gray looks the best of the two color choices for stone interiors and will probably be more stain resistant in the long run.

Edited by Mark426

I have the light interior with black mats. I think it looks great with the black on the doors.

Me too, with the OEM black rubber mats.I Not quite as elegant as some, but they can be removed and hosed off. Definitely an advantage during mud season.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... shortly after a previous post , UPS delivered our replacement gray mats.  They are somewhat darker than we expected.  Opted for the Digital Liners in the front and All-Weather mats for the back.  The Digital Liners would make the in floor rear storage compartments almost impossible to access IMO.  Note: the rear All Weather mats are noticeably darker than the front Digital liners.

fishead924, you describe the Digital Liner colors perfectly.  With both equally mismatching, to my eye the gray looks the best of the two color choices for stone interiors and will probably be more stain resistant in the long run.

So you're fairly satisfied with how the gray contrasts against the beige carpet that's visible around the mats? That's my only concern, and the black would pretty much go with everything, but the reason I went with the lighter interior was to avoid too much darkness inside. I was thinking of ordering the gray universal WeatherTech cargo mat, as that area has some grays to it, and hopefully it's the same hue so I can test drive it against the front carpets. If I go with that, I'll have some extra material to cover the remainder of the left foot rest that the Digitals don't completely cover.

• 2 weeks later...

I went the route that Mark426 did, and got the gray Digitals, front and back. I noticed that some weren't happy with the fact that it barely covered the driver's footrest, so I took a scrap piece from the WeatherTech universal cargo mat I put in the back and tucked a piece under the driver side mate. I cut it larger than needed so it's held in place by the mat, though being underneath it's not exactly waterproofing the floor. So I'm just aware of that if my feet are soaked, don't go resting my left foot right away. The colors a perfect match, so it's not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Happy with the Digitals, though I wonder if it's normal that on the passenger side, it rides on top of the door's plastic trim. Seems like it should fit more snuggly just underneath of it for a cleaner look. Might be another job for the razor knife.

Edited by fishead924

We have the gray digital Weather Techs in the front.  My car is Ice Storm with the stone beige interior.  The gray shows dirt like crazy!  My passenger digital mat slides forward and is not a tight steady fit like the driver's side with the snaps.  That part is disappointing. Muddy foot prints stand out on the gray. Not sure what colour would be best for not showing dirt and mud.

Edited by Laurel