STOP SAFELY NOW redux

Adair

I got the red triangle, Stop Safely Now warning, complete with chimes when I started the car at the grocery store today. I turned it off and back on and it went away. I checked the info screen and there were 0 warnings. Skipped other errands and drove straight home. I've gone out and started it twice and no problem. I have emailed my salesman about it and will call the dealership tomorrow morning. Assuming it starts in the morning, do you think it will be safe to drive to work?

I just ran the vehicle health report last night and there were no warnings or alerts.

Funny, it asked me yesterday if I wanted to run a health report, and I did........now this?

My salesman told me he would check with the service dept as soon as he gets in tomorrow morning and call me. 

Well, no alert, and still no warnings on the Info screen. Car started fine and drove fine. Even got a record high MPG for a drive TO work today 44.2.......Temp was 36*. When temps have been in the teens and 20s I haven't gotten much higher than 37mpg.

I have emailed my salesman and will wait to see what he says. I'd like to put it on their computer and see if anything shows up...........

Edited by Adair

Wow, cool!! Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that thread but didn't do anything with it.

I'll go check it out at lunch!

Hopefully I'll know what I'm looking at ....... maybe something bold in red with XXX to get my attention.

Thanks C-MAXER!!!

Personally, I wouldn't take it in unless there is a code(s).  Do you know how to get into test mode?

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/1275-engineering-test-mode/

Ok, so I did this at lunch. Nothing jumped out at me as a code or error message. The one thing I saw was *Battery 14.3V, Last Chime 1*    and I did hear a chime with the warning triangle yesterday.

Also, *Inst Fuel = 626*

Edited by Adair

One possibility for your sudden MPG improvement and "Stop Safely Now warning" is you ICE may be running too lean (burning holes in pistons).

Well, that can't be good! But wouldn't something like that show as a warning on the screen on the left? Also, wouldn't it come back? When others have reported this, their car wouldn't start until after 6-7 tries. Mine started right away, next time, and every time since.

Still haven't heard from the dealership.........sigh.....

UPDATE: Started the car for the drive home tonite. I still had it on the INFORMATION screen, and for the briefest second, it flashed orange 1 WARNING, then immediately went back to green, 0 WARNINGS. The consensus so far is that because it hasn't happened again, that it was a fluke and it cleared itself. They could have a loaner for me on Wednesday if I want to bring it in. Or I'm to call them immediately if anything else weird happens.

Interesting :headscratch:, for the board but probably not for you.

Try this.

Next time you go to your car DO NOT start it.

Foot off of brake and push the start button (accessory mode), carefully watch the screen.

Now foot on brake and start the car, again watch the screen.

wab