Doesn't Everyone See This? (Hybrid Drive Display - Center Console)

I took it for granted that everyone with MFT saw the Hybrid Drive display option in the center console, but haven't seen much discussion about it. I looked for information in the manual (hard copy and online) and haven't seen much in there about it either.  Since I took delivery in March, I assume I have a 3.5.1 version of the system.

Some pictures:

My Ford Touch Start Screen:

post-799-0-39767300-1365366086_thumb.jpg

Hybrid Drive Info Screen - Opening Screen:

post-799-0-57575900-1365366084_thumb.jpg

Hybrid Drive Info Screen - Car at Idle Just started: 

post-799-0-91619700-1365366085_thumb.jpg

Hybrid Drive Info Screen - Put the car into drive: 

post-799-0-38352200-1365366085_thumb.jpg

Apologies in that I haven't figured out how to properly upload pictures that are acceptable. I'll work on that. One of the features in this display is it shows you in a graphical way when the ICE is providing power, when the electric batteries are supplying power, when the brakes are recharging, etc. I also like that it explains what elements in the system are drawing power.  

I think you'll be rewarded when you get a system upgrade. Notice in the first photo - the home screen, that there is an icon to the right of the Home icon. The icon is the Ford Hybrid Symbol. Press that and you get to the rest of the screens.  

I was curious about this because there has been a lot of attention paid in the forums to the screens to the left of the steering wheel, but almost nothing about this display in the center console. If few people can actually see this screen, then that would explain it.

In case anyone is confused - I have this feature in an SEL.

Now my apology: I was reluctant to mention this, because I realize that there is already some hard feelings about availability of the latest system update. So, in a way, this is just salt in the wound. Mea copula.

That is definitely a part of the MFT update 3.5.1.  I don't know when the factory started installing the newer version. I, like many people, do not have this screen (and the supposed stability updates and voice quality improvements for people who you call) and am waiting for them to release it for download on the website.

My SEL came with it. I turned it on and watched it while I drove. It shows what the system is doing as you go. Shows when your charging batteries , ICE is on .your in EV. Tells you that the ICE is on and for what reason. (It is on because of excelleration or charging.ect...

I bought mine at the end of February and I think it was built in January. It's an SEL too. It came with 3.1.3. I must have just missed the update but I understand that it takes time to prepare and distribute the update.

Edited by bsmax

In case anyone is confused - I have this feature in an SEL.

Now my apology: I was reluctant to mention this, because I realize that there is already some hard feelings about availability of the latest system update. So, in a way, this is just salt in the wound. Mea copula.

Now you've done it! :angry2:

I test drove an SE for 48 hrs and then bought an SEL with build date: 3/13 and both had this display. Funny, I just assumed everyone else had it. It's a great learning tool used by other hybrid manufacturers. I wonder what else I might have that you "old timers" don't. Hmmm.

Edited by C-MAXER

I test drove an SE for 48 hrs and then bought an SEL with build date: 3/13 and both had this display. Funny, I just assumed everyone else had it. It's a great learning tool used by other hybrid manufacturers. I wonder what else I might have that you "old timers" don't. Hmmm.

Enjoy your moment in the :worship: spotlight...sigh... someday someday.

I bought mine back in November.  Haven't check the build date, but it's probably one of the first ones off the line.

VR

Bought in October of 2012 - Vehicle number 717 built in July of 2012, no early adopters of the C-Max have version 3.5.1 of the Sync software yet, nor is their any ETA on when we will get it - they promised by the end of the first quarter which I guess was missed, but then again they never said the 1st Quarter of what year. I really want a GPS that when I try to use it it actually gets me to where I need to go and does not tell me to turn left in the middle of a bridge

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, you've also had the iphone maps experience!

So I guess you can cross that off your bucket list

At this point the Apple GPS is more accurate then the one in my C-Max, it has not told me to make a left in the middle of a bridge for a long time, and it gets me there. The only thing less reliable is my wife with a paper map as navigator

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a C-Max Energi last week that doesn't have 3.5.1 yet. I've seen it, as I test drove one that DID have it.

My Energi was built in January, before 3.5.1.

According to the Ford rep who escalated my call about this AND some other info I've heard, there should be a C-Max update for Production 1 vehicles sometime this month.

I'm unclear of the point of this thread. Was there a question about what this update does?