Weekend

RachelnLa

Wow you really are ambitious.  Good for you!  Does trimming a Crepe Myrtle count for anything?  We did that yesterday.  Today we were out cruising in Max while car shopping.  I would love if my husband got a C-Max Energi.  He really likes my car but most likely will wind up with an all gas engine.  Then we washed his T-Bird.  We had great weather.  I'm really looking forward to getting better gas mileage!

BSMAX,

Better?  Egads!  You are at 48.4!  Whoa! 

We planted tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumbers and squash.  My husband tends to go nuts with the garden and I convinced him to stay small so daughter would get the hang of it and not get discouraged.  It's just three rows, but we are so busy and I don't want the garden to be forgotten.  My kids love fruits and veggies.  The orange and lemon tree have so many blooms and smell so good.  MMMM

Daughter now states she wants an avocado tree and an apple tree!  We do have some banana trees in the back, but hubby didn't wrap the in the fall so I am sure they will not produce this year.  Hopefully next yr. 

I finally hooked back up the computer after getting it back from the shop.  It's slow, but it's much easier to do pictures on the big computer :)

I saw a fuzzy white baby bird with big black eyes looking at me from his nest last spring. Thought it was an owl but turned out to be a baby kestrel. I watched and saw mom come back. Turns out to be 2 babies in that hole in the side of my barn. I have all kinds of animals around my farm.

BSMAX,

Better?  Egads!  You are at 48.4!  Whoa! 

We planted tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumbers and squash.  My husband tends to go nuts with the garden and I convinced him to stay small so daughter would get the hang of it and not get discouraged.  It's just three rows, but we are so busy and I don't want the garden to be forgotten.  My kids love fruits and veggies.  The orange and lemon tree have so many blooms and smell so good.  MMMM

Daughter now states she wants an avocado tree and an apple tree!  We do have some banana trees in the back, but hubby didn't wrap the in the fall so I am sure they will not produce this year.  Hopefully next yr. 

I finally hooked back up the computer after getting it back from the shop.  It's slow, but it's much easier to do pictures on the big computer :)

That's only my second fill up so I'm hoping I calculated it right.  I'll know in a few days when i take another trip.  

Wow I love fresh vegetables.  They are great for your kids and you too!  I hope it's very prosperous.    

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend weather as much as we did!  Got a garden in the ground, plants trimmed and the cars washed!  Whoohoo.  Today, every muscle hurts.

8629511582_445da90934_t.jpg

garden by rachelnla, on Flickr

8628416157_437e2e45cc_t.jpg

butterfly bush by rachelnla, on Flickr

Looking good Rachel, your way ahead of me.  I've been meaning to do the same, just haven't got around to it.  For us here where spring has been around for awhile, it way be too late for me to still plant my garden.

Well, we've bought  new tomato cages and tuned up the tiller, pulled the ground cloth off, but that's about all we can do right now. We've had so much rain that we'd be up to our eyeballs in mud out there right now.......But the ground really needs the water, after last year, so I can't complain.

This weekend, Asia's running practice on Saturday and off to the orchid show on Sunday for me!

Edited by Adair