47 MPG

JohnnOhio

We have been having a warm spell this week.(60's mornings 70's afternoons) My drives to and from work have been averaging 47 mpg each way. 35 miles one way (32 freeway 65 mph and 3 city streets)

No cruise control used and still getting the high numbers. My EV+ has figured out were home is. Nothing else will envoke EV+ yet.(still waiting it will happen work, grocery store, ect...) Only have 1200 miles on my baby so far. I've had short 3 mile trips as high as 58MPG. Hope this is sign of thing to come this summer.

I LOVE MY C MAX :wub2:

I think your right JohnnOhio.  When it was in the 40's and 50's my engine started up as soon as I pulled out of my garage.  Now that it's 80 it starts about 50 feet down my road.  Yesterday I got a short trip of 77 mpg.  That was with a full battery and mostly down hill.  I love those high numbers.  I remember them and not the low ones.  It all averages out though.  

Nothing else will envoke EV+ yet.(still waiting it will happen work, grocery store, ect...) O

Do you know how to force an EV+ location?  Just park the car and cycle the power on/off at least 11 times in a row (aka the 11 step program).  :)   I did this at my kids school as I rarely ever power off there so it's very possible it would never learn that location even though I go there at least twice a day.

I just drove to work in the rain. 52 degrees 33.6 miles( 32 at 65 -70 and 1.6 city streets) average for the trip was 47.6mpg. Haven't been using cruise control. I might try setting ECO cruise one morning and see what I get. Traffic heavier on the ride home and get 46+. Short trips off highway have gotten as high as 60mpg.  Only have 1600 miles on her so far, so still breaking in. Can't wait to see what she tops out at.I love my Maxie :wub2:

I live in northeast Ohio and recently returned ftom a one week trip to the Charleston, SC area. At the beginning of the trip I reset Trip 2. I drove over 2,000 miles. On interstates I drove at the posted speed limits of 65 - 70mph. In SC my driving was about 60% 55mph roads and 40% city driving. Temperatures were upper 40's to upper 60's. When I returned home I checked mileage and I averaged just over 41mpg for the entire trip.

I can't believe that I'm getting this good of milage when its raining and cool. I'm running the wipers, lights, heated seats and radio of course.

I'm in north central Ohio and am planning a trip to Harrisonburg Va. this summer( extended family all over the place around there). I'll see how bad the trip over the mountains in Penn. and down past Cumberland Md. will do to my milage. Just as long as I don't have to pay Virginia's big hybrid tax for driving there. Hoping the Michigan get together happens and will be going there to.

Finally got there!  46 to 53 on most every trip,  it's warm, and 6600 miles,   were I live in the hills, just local, the mileage is AVG 36+ but on all my longer trips I'm over 46, use 'about' 10 gal gas every 15 days.

10 gallons, you have another 2.5 gallons there...and at 46...thats 115 miles sitting there...jus sayin  ;)