Finally Spring Time and 47 mpg maybe :)

catsailor

Well since my last tank averaged 43.6 mpg I figured better days are ahead of me here in the Nations Capitol. I filled up my last tank Monday anticipating a drive north for business to Towson MD on Tuesday, my boss was late so I was forced to drive faster than I normally do (70 mph) and we ran the A/C since it was awfully warm that day. Anyway I did another longer trip to Tysons Corner and got caught in rush hour traffic Thursday around the DC beltway on my way home. Factor in a bunch of short trips to the store, bank and dropping and picking up the wife from metro and I stand so far on this +4 day old tank at 186 miles driven at 46,5 mpg. Warmer weather and a broken in car (8300 miles) and a feathery touch on the accelerator are starting to pay big divedends here with the C Max.

Wishing you all much sucess and hang in there is your not figured out the C Max yet, the weather is in your favor, plus you need to work that gas pedal with a gentle touch :)

Had a 46.6mpg 189 mile trip last week.  Mid 60 degrees out, low 80s back home.  I'm very happy with that...haven't had a trip that good since I got the car in late November.  Looks like hybrids do prefer warmer weather.  I'll wait and see how the hot weather with air conditioner use goes before I'm convinced.