47mpg City driving

mtb9153

Funny thing is when I filled up last Tuesday I zeroed the average mileage reading since it was reading 40.7 for weeks.  After I started up it naturally started counting up the miles very quickly and in no time is was reading 45mpg and it got up to 47.3 as a high then fell back to 44.5.  Now it is back at 46+ and has been staying pretty consistent in the upper 40's, even with the A/C on since we hit the 80's here in the bay area today.  Love this car and I'm seeing almost as many CMaxes running around the south bay as I'm seeing Tesla Model S.  I see one of them almost around every corner it seems.

Funny thing is when I filled up last Tuesday I zeroed the average mileage reading since it was reading 40.7 for weeks.  After I started up it naturally started counting up the miles very quickly and in no time is was reading 45mpg and it got up to 47.3 as a high then fell back to 44.5.  Now it is back at 46+ and has been staying pretty consistent in the upper 40's, even with the A/C on since we hit the 80's here in the bay area today.  Love this car and I'm seeing almost as many CMaxes running around the south bay as I'm seeing Tesla Model S.  I see one of them almost around every corner it seems.

Yes, that happens. From my experience, typically, you won't reach the 47MPG tank until about 3/4 tank and then it's a game to maintain or take the MPG Avg higher, I suspect that because by resetting the Avg with each tank, it's slowly gather data again and the more gas you use, the more miles you clock, the more "stable" your true average MPG will be. I don't see an stability really until 1/2 tank or less where it's less sensitive to yours and my lead foot whims which may creep up.... ;)

Keep going  :shift:  &  :rockon: