Can we see the countdown to "Change Engine Oil Soon"

Is there a way to see how many miles are on the Oil Life Monitoring system since it was reset at the last oil change?   Or miles until the next oil change?   Maybe in engineering test mode?

I am looking for a way to check that the counter has been when I have my oil changed - other than resetting it myself to make sure.

Page 281 of the manual explains how to reset the Oil Life Monitoring System after an oil change.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah - I have had that on all my GM vehicles since 1994, but I don't think the C-Max has it.

Also, what about a readout for the actual tire pressure in each tire - is that also not available?  Just an idiot light if one or more are low?  That seems kind of primitive, too - especially for such a new technology car

Yeah - I have had that on all my GM vehicles since 1994, but I don't think the C-Max has it.

Also, what about a readout for the actual tire pressure in each tire - is that also not available?  Just an idiot light if one or more are low?  That seems kind of primitive, too - especially for such a new technology car

Agreed.  They may save some of that for the Energi model to help separate it for us lowly hybrid step-children.    :cry:     LOL

My former Volt not only had both of these features, it would even relay said information to you via smartphone.  NICE.

Interesting... I haven't had a car in decades that didn't have the nozzles on the hood.  Guess we have been driving different brands.

Yup - that works, but is goofy too!

It's off subject, but:

Another weird thing I noticed just this morning - the windshield washer spray nozzles are on the hood.  What's up with that?  All my cars for decades have had the nozzles on the wiper arms...

my Passat has the countdown to next service in days and miles and can be reset on the inside display menu.

remenber folks even though this is a 2013 MY car they have to have all the design and tech and parts 3 to 4 years in the pipeline so any new car will always have tech that is not that current as you think (3-5 yrs old).

that's just the way it is in the automotive manufacturing world. i worked for an OEM supplier for 2 years back in 1998 to 2000.

Edited by salsaguy

It would be nice to be able to see this.  I had my oil changed early (~5000 miles) using the free first oil change that my dealer offers and the dealer didn't reset the Oil Life Monitoring system.  Now, at 10,000 miles, my CMax is telling me to change the oil!  I called the dealer and he told me that I could bring it in or the owners manual should explain how I can do it myself.  I then pointed out that if I reset it now, it wouldn't notify me for another 10,000 miles, which is 5,000 to long.  He then said he could reset the oil life monitor to 50%.  I am biting the bullet and having the oil changed. 

• 1 month later...

Remember, miles for changing oil, at 5000 miles most likely 1/3 is EV miles, thus you would be changing oil with only 3300 miles engine use.

the same scenario with 10K, 6600 miles.

At the first oil change, I switched to full synthetic oil, and plan to change at longer miles. 15K, that is 10K of engine use.

I now have 11K on the C-max, all has gone well. My average of EV use, has been 1/3 at this point of time.

Arthur, seems to me that when Ford engineers recommend oil changes at 10K for the Hybrid, they've already allowed for the fact that it's a hybrid and the engine is only running part-time, and the frequent starts and stops must result in different scenarios for oil degradation compared to conventional engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur, seems to me that when Ford engineers recommend oil changes at 10K for the Hybrid, they've already allowed for the fact that it's a hybrid and the engine is only running part-time, and the frequent starts and stops must result in different scenarios for oil degradation compared to conventional engines.

Yeah - good insight JAZ - frequent starts and stops and/or other operation that is peculiar to a hybrid powertrain could mitigate or even overwhelm the fact that the engine is not running.  For example, maybe the ICE never really warms up the oil in cooler weather, even in 10-15 miles, like it does in a conventional car...???