Getting to the Holy Grail = 600 mile tank

catsailor

My last tank full was at an average of 43.5 mpg and I recently filled up (4-08-13) and since this tank I have run 381 miles so far at DRUM ROLL please 47.4 mpg. I am at the halfway mark on my tank indicator and the computer says I have 300 miles to empty. C Max has +8500 miles on it and I am easily 50% hwy to city driving. Its warmer out and I have run the A/C on three long trips to B More, Towson and Tysons Corner VA. I am so tuned in to driving this car I know when to pluse and glide and when to best use ECO Cruise. My lifetime avaerage is now up to 41.5 mpg and that is pretty good factoring in that I picked up my C Max late September 2012 (first car deivered to the dealer) and drove it all winter long here in the Nations Capitol so catching back up on those days when I used my heater :) and did not figure out the tricks to getting the performance I wanted.

BTW I realized early in the game that I was buying a Hybrid and as such I also knew that if I wanted to drive it like my 2007 Ford Edge I would have been best served to buy a Chevy Cruze or Ford Focus. The hybrid will pay you back in spades if you learn to drive it and maintain speed within all posted limits, I laugh at speed camera's anymore cause I am looking for an excuse to SLOW down :) I do allow 10 more minutes to arrive at my clients destinations since I know I am not speeding anymore.

Edited by catsailor