Hello from Asheville, NC

MtnMarty

Am a new Ford C Max Ruby Red SEL Hybrid owner. I'm liking the car which is the first non-Toyota I've owned in a  LONG time. I traded a Toyota Tacoma crew cab truck. It feels good to be driving around in a much more economical vehicle as I no longer need a real 4 wheel drive truck.

Generally I'm happy and with only 700 miles so far, I'm getting in the low 40's around town. I'm still learning the MFT stuff and playing with gauges, etc. Bluetooth is working ok, but when I say, Call Barbara (my wife) it asks me to select a line number first. Got to figure that extra step out. Also, the bluetooth commands are a bit weird. I use an iPhone 5 and I wish I could just use Seri for everything. Can I remove the Microsoft label on the dash?

I'm sure I'm going to have more questions, but wanted to say hello and to say I'm glad I found this forum. I've already learned some good stuff here.

Marty

Marty -

We're covering NC from the mountains to sea now.   C-Max on this forum in Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Greensboro, Durham, Apex and Wilmington.  I'll post a message asking all the NC members to say hi.

I'm looking forward to driving mine up to Asheville and back down again.  That was always fun in our 2000 Honda Insight.

Marty -

We're covering NC from the mountains to sea now.   C-Max on this forum in Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Greensboro, Durham, Apex and Wilmington.  I'll post a message asking all the NC members to say hi.

I'm looking forward to driving mine up to Asheville and back down again.  That was always fun in our 2000 Honda Insight.

And if you count from birth, I was born in Morganton and lived there thru high school. Tar Heel born! Most of my family still lives there.

Edited by Adair

And if you count from birth, I was born in Morganton and lived there thru high school. Tar Heel born! Most of my family still lives there.

Let us know when your C-Max takes you to NC.

I went somewhat in the opposite direction.  I grew up in NY.  After a stop for graduate school in Ann Arbor, I moved to Durham.  Both of my sons went to UNC so I keep getting mail from Chapel Hill

post-383-0-35066900-1366549970_thumb.jpg

Alcatrão! . . . Calcanhares!     [That's    Tar! . . . Heels!    in Portuguese]

Let us know when your C-Max takes you to NC.

I went somewhat in the opposite direction.  I grew up in NY.  After a stop for graduate school in Ann Arbor, I moved to Durham.  Both of my sons went to UNC so I keep getting mail from Chapel Hill

attachicon.gifphoto (2).JPG

Alcatrão! . . . Calcanhares!     [That's    Tar! . . . Heels!    in Portuguese]

Go BLUE!! (I work in A2 and live about 10 miles south)

One thing I found by accident: if your IPhone 4/5 is synced with your car, and you hold the button on the phone to bring up Siri, she will communicate with you through the car.  Surprised the heck out me the first time it happened:  "Siri, what are you doing in my car???!!!"

Marty -

Catmobile here.  I live north of Charlotte.  Welcome to the C-Max club!  Asheville is beautiful, I mean to take Miss Pearl (my White Platinum SEL) up there soon for a visit.

Hickory here, my parents live in Asheville and I am heading up this weekend. Old Fort is tough on mpg going to Asheville, but great coming back! Its a 6% grade for 6 miles (1900' in elevation in 6 miles)!

I'm looking forward to taking my C-Max up and down that hill (and then maybe driving the regular roads to Cherokee and the Blue Ridge Parkway back to Asheville).  We have enjoyed that section of I-40 with different cars over the past 35 years.  Going up and down in our 2000 Honda Insight was particularly enjoyable.