XPlan Pin wanted

I concur.

I qualified for X-Plan and they asked me for all the documentation. In the end I found that the Costco Auto Club price came in at $160 below X-Plan.

FWIW, at the time, the Costco Auto Club price was = Invoice.

If you have Costco Auto Club, and if the dealer is a participating dealer, and if the C-MAX is still in the plan (these are all three big IFs that cannot be assumed), please check that out.

Edited by Riddley

Ford X-Plan does not require Ford employment:

An eligible Ford employee or retiree may sponsor up to four (4) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for a friend or neighbor as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):

Selected individuals sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree such as an extended family member, friend or neighbor.
Sponsors must know the individuals they are sponsoring.

Even if they could, you have to show proof of employment either by ID or current check stub with the PIN. They take photo copies of everything.

Although the program "requires" such, I provided nothing but my driver's license and of course the pin.

Ford X-Plan does not require Ford employment:

An eligible Ford employee or retiree may sponsor up to four (4) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for a friend or neighbor as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):

Selected individuals sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree such as an extended family member, friend or neighbor.

Sponsors must know the individuals they are sponsoring.

There is also a Partner X-Plan which limits the number of annual pins to two.

Partner Recognition:

An eligible Partner Recognition employee or retiree may generate up to two (2) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for them or members of their households as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):

• Employees (full time, part-time and contract), retirees and spouses of eligible Partner companies (suppliers, fleets, etc.) and members of specific organizations or groups.
  • Residents of the same household as listed above(driver’s license required for proof of residency).
  • Participation is by invitation only as determined by Ford Motor Company. Not all suppliers, fleets, etc. are eligible.

I concur.

I qualified for X-Plan and they asked me for all the documentation. In the end I found that the Costco Auto Club price came in at $160 below X-Plan.

FWIW, at the time, the Costco Auto Club price was = Invoice.

If you have Costco Auto Club, and if the dealer is a participating dealer, and if the C-MAX is still in the plan (these are all three big IFs that cannot be assumed), please check that out.

I checked the Costco program when I bought in Dec. and IIRC, it came slightly higher than X-Plan pricing. For X-Plan the dealer admin fee is capped at $100. So, that's about $295 less than normal dealer admin fees. I can't remember what the admin fee was under Costco but I believe it was the normal dealer doc fees.

Also, all options are priced under the formula for X-Plan pricing shown below. So, on a $28,000 invoiced vehicle, X-Plan out of pocket cost would be = (Invoice - $112 + $275)X-Plan Pricing + $100 dealer admin + advertising fees (if any) + destination + taxes + registration - Private Cash - Incentives. Costco would be about $132 higher (assuming a $395 dealer admin fee) which really is not much at all.

X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.

Ford

Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

Lincoln

Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

*$275 Administration Fee.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

I ended up buying my C-Max through my AAA Discount.  I saved more through AAA then I would have using my COSTCO discount.  Infact, the COSTCO Dealer wanted me to order my Max and were not willing to do a search for the Model I was interested in.

In the end, I got the Max I wanted using AAA and did not have to order my car.

When I bought my SEL/302a, I used www.truecar.com pricing service.  Within a couple of hours 3 near by dealers responded and agreed with the price truecar provided. Since I had already looked at/driven a friends C-Max all I needed to do is go in the next day...give them my money and drive out a little over one hour later.  The total price quoted was out the door ..... in my case there were no other fees.  Your mileage may vary.

Below is a screen shot:

==========================================================

Your Preferred Vehicle Price Configured MSRP

Configured MSRP includes a base vehicle MSRP of $28,365, a destination fee of $795, and additional options valued at an MSRP of $3,820. The configured MSRP also includes regional fees.

$32,980

Guaranteed Savings

$750 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Customer Cash
This incentive may not be combined with the following incentives: 2013 Ford C-Max HEV Special Trade-In Assistance Bonus Customer Cash Not combinable with some finance incentives.. See dealer for details. (Expires 04/01/2013)

-$1,954

Additional Estimated Savings

Your selected preferred options have an MSRP of $3,820.

-$411

Based on a configured MSRP of $32,980

This is your Estimated Savings

-$2,365

7.17% off MSRP

Based on your selected vehicle preferences

This is your TrueCar Price Estimate

Does not include dealer documentation, administrative or processing fee. See below for details.

= $30,615

Edited by Mark426