12V Accessory Outlets - does it time-out when engine is off?

armoredsaint

Very nice, same color as mine.  I also notice that you have temp showing on your MFT screen next to the time...I don't have that.  Mine was born in January, must be an upgrade.  And I have not tested the 12V staying on, but someone else on another topic may have said it does.

Very nice, same color as mine.  I also notice that you have temp showing on your MFT screen next to the time...I don't have that.  Mine was born in January, must be an upgrade.  And I have not tested the 12V staying on, but someone else on another topic may have said it does.

nice! i'm in central Ohio myself - the temp should show up automatically?

Temp on the MFT screen is a feature of the 3.5.1 update which newer cars have, but 2012 build dates don't have.  Much needed feature since the old version with temp next to speedometer is nearly unreadable most of the time.

Console and dash outlets eventually time out, but no one knows exactly when.  The outlet in the rear area stays on all the time and can be used to plug in your Stanley Simple Start when the battery runs down.  This happens a lot to some people with older vehicles.  Ford says they have fixed it.

Temp on the MFT screen is a feature of the 3.5.1 update which newer cars have, but 2012 build dates don't have.  Much needed feature since the old version with temp next to speedometer is nearly unreadable most of the time.

Console and dash outlets eventually time out, but no one knows exactly when.  The outlet in the rear area stays on all the time and can be used to plug in your Stanley Simple Start when the battery runs down.  This happens a lot to some people with older vehicles.  Ford says they have fixed it.

yeah the car has a lot of weird quirks and  like you previously mentioned, a poorly written and worded manual - maybe it was outsourced to China for the copywriting  ;)

hope on my new model, i have a lesser chance of the battery dying on me?  :sad:

Hopefully your battery is OK.  Mine was built in November and it has never run down just sitting around.  When towing it, however, it ran the battery down every time after about an hour.  The Owner's Manual says just put it in neutral with engine running, then hit the Start/Stop button which leaves it in an Accessory state with too many things still on. This eventually trashed the battery which was replaced on warranty.

In the future I will put it in neutral with the ignition off using the Brake Shift Interlock override procedure that another forum member discovered on his own, no thanks to the crappy Owner's Manual.

• 2 weeks later...