2014 C-MAX Job 1 Date?

Hello, all...

I read on Blue Oval Forums that the Job 1 date for the 2014 C-MAX Hybrid, originally scheduled for July 2013, has been pushed back to December 2013, per the latest fleet guide.

Does anyone have any confirmation of this?  Anyone know why?

I wanted to order in August for an October delivery, and I was hoping for new color choices and perhaps a Titanium model...but now apparently I'll have to wait another few months.  The suspense is killing me!  :)

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

That's the thread I was originally referring to!  :)

I like the thought of a Titanium instead of SEL (really want cooled seats, but not sure that'll ever be included), and the thought of a more efficient engine is appealing...but like I said, I'm impatient!  My last Focus payment is September 15, and I want my first C-MAX payment to be October 15!   :hysterical:

I hate to throw cold water on your October party M-M-M, but the folks over on Blue Oval are less optimistic if the Job 1 date is December.  

I found the following quote here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52941-2014-ford-c-max-dealer-order-or-job-1-date/

"If the MY 2014 C-Max Job 1 Date is Dec, 2013, considering the late December Holiday Shut Down, figure Jan 2014 actual production, with Dealers receiving Inventory in Mar or Apr as a 2014 Model Year Vehicle?  Very short Model Year Run or it will be a 2015 MY introduced in the Spring of 2014, that's my guess."

If these calculations bear any resemblance to reality, then you could order the first 2014 C-MAX off the assembly line and not see it at your dealer until March or April 2014 given the sequence outlined above.  

- R

• 4 weeks later...