How Much Gas is Left at Yellow and Red Warnings?

Riddley

My Yellow "low fuel warning" indicator just came on. Here's a question for some of the members in the 600 club:

Q1: Roughly how much gas is left at the point when the Yellow indicator comes on?

Q2: Roughly How much gas is left in the tank when the Red indicator comes on?

Thanks for any guidance.

If you take the left side down arrow and navigate until you see "Vehicle Range" and it will show you "X miles to E". Good for the yellow and red status.

What I did find is that the "miles to E" is based on your "recent" driving history, I think the histogram statistics. I have had "0 miles to E" to suddenly show "35 miles to E" and thats because I was climbing and when I peaked, my MPG history skyrocketed.

Now,as to how many more miles you can squeeze out of the tank past "0 miles to E"...about 15-25 miles, but my advice is not to rely on this. You should use the Trip 1 or Trip 2, whichever you use to track the miles per tank. for the "gallons used". For safety, don't go past 12.50 gallons unless you know your vehicle. 

Hope this helps  :)

I was sweating the accuracy of the whole system cause you're really driving a fine line...I carried NO SPARE can of gas with me. I recall the yellow comming up at +45 miles to empty and red came up with 10 miles BUT my gas consumption said I had used 12.5 something gallons. The Max is what a 13 gallon tank or is it 13.5 can't recall.

I was sweating the accuracy of the whole system cause you're really driving a fine line...I carried NO SPARE can of gas with me. I recall the yellow comming up at +45 miles to empty and red came up with 10 miles BUT my gas consumption said I had used 12.5 something gallons. The Max is what a 13 gallon tank or is it 13.5 can't recall.

You should also measure what you fill up against what it recorded to gather a sense of the difference...yes, I know it will vay pump to pump but some sense abliet its not 100% accurate, is better than zero sense at all. 

catsailor, thats ballsy man  :rockon: