On a quest for 47 mpg average. Who wants to join me?

C-Maxgo

I just fueled up today and got 45.2 mpg.  I still have a way to go to 47 mpg so I'm going to give it another try.  My husband who's very competitive  :worship: will be sharing the driving with me on our way to Florida.  I've been filling him in on all the mpg stats I've read about on these forums so it will probably take us a lot longer to get to Florida than it used to.  It's going to be fun!   :happy feet:

>Lifetime is 44.7 with 12,600 miles on the car.  Cold weather was a bear on the mpg, but now that Spring is here, my mpg is climbing. I have decided to use eco cruise all the time as it does so much better than I can do on my own.  The car loves 50 mph on the back roads and even better with the long 35 and 45 mph stretches.  65 mph on the freeway does well after battery hits the 90% mark. I can average about 45 mpg on real gas at the speed. Oh, and if I had not said it yet today (my friends and family get so sick of me) I LOVE this car!

I just LOVE reading these posts!! I love my C-MAX too!! Are y'all on Facebook? If so, go to the C-max page and *like* my post about the 600 mile club. And feel free to add anything else you want.

>Lifetime is 44.7 with 12,600 miles on the car.  Cold weather was a bear on the mpg, but now that Spring is here, my mpg is climbing. I have decided to use eco cruise all the time as it does so much better than I can do on my own.  The car loves 50 mph on the back roads and even better with the long 35 and 45 mph stretches.  65 mph on the freeway does well after battery hits the 90% mark. I can average about 45 mpg on real gas at the speed. Oh, and if I had not said it yet today (my friends and family get so sick of me) I LOVE this car!

That's a very good lifetime average! Mine's 43.9. I'm getting there too. We drove to Florida on I95 where the speed limit is 70. We drove 66 and averaged about 42 mpg. We have the AC set to 73 because it was 82 outside. I thought we'd get better gas milage because the road is pretty flat but I forgot one important obstacle. The fact that we had three bags full of luggage. They must have weighed a hundred and fifty pounds. Next time I'm packing like I'm flying to Europe. Err.... The good part of this story is that the next day we had another 125 miles to drive and half way there we decided to drive on highway 1 (two lane road from 45 to 60 mph). Wow what a difference in gas mileage. We were getting an average of 50 mpg between stops (like the store for example). It was also very relaxing and we could enjoy the scenery instead of watching cars push us from behind and zig zag in and around us.

sdaustin6483 you said "Oh, and if I had not said it yet today (my friends and family get so sick of me) I LOVE this car!" I have the same reaction from my family. I've never felt like this about a car before. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

I just LOVE reading these posts!! I love my C-MAX too!! Are y'all on Facebook? If so, go to the C-max page and *like* my post about the 600 mile club. And feel free to add anything else you want.

Adair I couldn't find the c max with your post. What should I type in the search field to find it?