My SYNC/NAV has been taken over by aliens!

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS: If you are new here and reading different threads for the first time, don't let this one scare you. I've had my C-MAX for nearly 6 months and this is my first problem. I. LOVE. MY. CAR.!!! Up until this it has done everything I hoped for when I got it, and more. And I'm sure this issue will be resolved. New car, incredible technology, bound to be some hiccups.

So as not to hijack Fish's thread, I copied this and will add more from this afternoon..........

Fish, I had something similar to this last Friday before our trip. Even tho the screen quadrants were there, there was no sound at all.....no phone. Buttons didn't work, no dials, no nuttin'! I went in my office to pull up the OM saved on the computer to make sure I was pushing the ON/OFF button. Went back out and it worked just fine........everything, phone, radio.....

Same thing happened again tonite. I tried driving and pushing buttons but nothing worked. Turned off the engine at stoplights to see if that freed up anything.........nope!  Finally unSYNCd the phone so I could make a call. After it was turned off at the grocery for about 10 min, the radio came back. I'll see how it does in the morning.

Edited 5.1.13 about 1pm

This morning there was radio but the Droid wouldn't connect. I deleted/reSYNCd the phone 3 and still nothing.  :banghead:  Finally it SYNCd with the phone but the address book didn't upload. ....... and then I was at work and couldn't do any more until lunch. At lunch I turned off the phone, pulled the Nav card and did a master reset, then re-SYNCed the phone This time it appears to have worked, with address book and all. But who knows what will happen between now and when I get off work.

After 5 months with no issues, wonder why now?  :headscratch:

Edited 5.1.12, 6:17 pm

Got off work at 5pm. No radio, no phone, altho SYNC recognized the phone, I couldn't connect with it to make a call, and none of the dials or buttons worked. Once again I had to unSYNC the phone in order to make a call. Called home, then the dealership. I have an appt. Monday morning to take it in. In the meantime, I drove home and stopped at the grocery for about 10 minutes. When I came back out, the radio AND phone both worked again..............Go Figure!

Thoughts, anyone?

I start worrying when a fix comes out, and the problem still goes on, or when a company doesn't care enough to work on known issues.  So far, it sounds like the MFT issues are getting resolved (though they should try to reward their existing customers promptly); the lift gate issues are acknowledged and are in the works; Nav issues are getting done. 

Sure, I'd love for everything to be perfect, from day one.  Really, it should be that way.  But, sometimes, to be on the leading edge of new technology, there will be some ramp up to the time where the few issues that arise get resolved.

We'll see how bright-eyed I remain when I take delivery of my C-Max.  Only twelve days to go!  :drool:

Good luck with the issue, Adair.  I hope it gets done quickly for you.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS: If you are new here and reading different threads for the first time, don't let this one scare you. I've had my C-MAX for nearly 6 months and this is my first problem. I. LOVE. MY. CAR.!!! Up until this it has done everything I hoped for when I got it, and more. And I'm sure this issue will be resolved. New car, incredible technology, bound to be some hiccups.

Not trying to scare anyone off, but I can honestly say if I had visited this forum before my purchase I wouldn't own a C-MAX.  Just saying.

Sorry you feel that way Edsel. I know some members here have had problems, and some of them major problems, I honestly feel that the overall tone of this forum is positive. And as for those who have had problems, we try to offer help and advice if we can. 

I had owned my C-MAX for about a month when I found the group. Nothing I read gave me second thoughts about my purchase. Quite the contrary.

Hope you are enjoying your car!

I joined this forum to be prepared for the inevitable issues that crop up on every car, with the added benefit of getting real solutions and real opinions from real drivers.  I have been in other forums for the other cars I have owned or considered owning and there are difficulties with every model.  For me its a matter of what things can I live with and what things will make me bang my head on the wall.  A previous vehicle had issues with the window regulators failing - you'd come back out to your locked car and the window glass had dropped into the door panel.  Kind of defeated the purpose of locking the door.  I couldn't live with that issue.  

When I bought my car I based it on the reviews and my test drive.  When I found this forum two people were getting their cars bought back and cars were being stranded all over the place with dead batteries.  The battery thing would have made it a non starter for me.(no battery problems so far)  My car has been in the shop once already and I have a small (but growing) list of things that need to be fixed including the nav.  I'm just waiting for the new update before I take it in for what I imagine will be at least a week.

I'm not giving up yet.  I just would not have bought it if I came here first.  I do like the car and would like to thank everyone on the forum for the help and advice.

Maybe in a few months when everything is ironed out with these things I will think that this is the best car ever.  Who knows?  I just didn't think I would be doing so much of the ironing ;)

Edited by Edsel