Going for it...

cepwin

So this morning I called the local dealer (it's maybe 10 minutes from my house if that much) and make an appointment for tomorrow morning.   I mostly cleaned out my car.   Hopefully I'll be able to get the deal I want when I go in there in the morning....if not there are other dealers in the area.

Anyway, my Dad went by where my Folks lives and looked at the CMAX and liked it so I have the "Parental" stamp of approval :)

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Welllllll..............It's 11:35 now......what's happenin'???

Adair, you are really optimistic.  If you haven't worked out the details ahead of time buying a new car at a dealer can be a long, grueling day.   When I bought Ruby I had the car and price hammered out before I walked in and I was still there for 4 hours.   

Cepwin, good for you.  You'll love the car and that's a great color choice.

Adair,  I thought when I learned geography I could put a period at the end.  After all geography shouldn't change unless there is an earthquake or some similar event, right?  But somehow I don't remember studying Belarus and Mumbai?

Photo May 04, 4 15 55 PM

Here she is!   I got to the dealership at 10 am.  The negotiations took until 11:30am.   Waiting, paperwork, more waiting and the salesman went over the car with me and I finally left around 2:35 pm ...over 4 1/2 hours.   I wonder if new car buying will ever be like everything else.....there's a price and that's what it is.   I will say I got the price I wanted even if it took 90+ minutes.

Here she is!   I got to the dealership at 10 am.  The negotiations took until 11:30am.   Waiting, paperwork, more waiting and the salesman went over the car with me and I finally left around 2:35 pm ...over 4 1/2 hours.   I wonder if new car buying will ever be like everything else.....there's a price and that's what it is.   I will say I got the price I wanted even if it took 90+ minutes.

If you are a AAA or Costco member then yes you can do just that. No haggle price. Just go in and tell them the model you want, test

drive it, paperwork, wait for detailing or come back if it needs to be moved from another dealer, and sign and drive.

Even if the car is small I would get autopark

1) very cool / envy of the town with fam/friends

2) sometimes you just cant judge how close you are to the curb/front/rear car

I SOOOO wish my Passat had backup cam and park assist like the CC does.

Im not so good at parallel parking any more...after surgery especially

My windows arent like the HUGE ones in the CMax to let me see how close I am

cant wait for wife to get the CMax

Adair, you are really optimistic.  If you haven't worked out the details ahead of time buying a new car at a dealer can be a long, grueling day.   When I bought Ruby I had the car and price hammered out before I walked in and I was still there for 4 hours.   

Whoa. You went in the day before and it still took four hours? Hell. I've bought two cars and neither took that long.

Haggling on the price was unheard of when I bought my Max in September.  It was the first one they sold and when I said I'd give them $200 over invoice and ask to see the invoice, I was told the price is as low as it will get at $29k for a fully loaded dealer ordered Platinum White SEL.  After all said and done out the door at just over $30k.  I thought that was pretty good considering I was buying a hybrid.

Edited by mtb9153