500 miles a tank?

Jus-A-CMax

500+ miles a tank?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote if you have done more than 500 miles a tank:

• Yes!!!
    • Working on it.

I first started the 600 Miles Club because it was an "unknown" territory way back in January and it was just ptjones and I. Now we have 5 members here who have achieved this landmark 4 months later... :happy feet: , abliet all of them in the red zone of our gas tank :)

However, as Adair just recently posted - even doing 500+ miles a tank is a BIG DEAL threshold especially for all those in the colder temp states like the north east.

So I am curious to see how many drivers here have done 500 or more miles a tank? And if you have, lets post up the pics for everyone. My thought is that at regular 500 miles or mid 500s a tank, its just a question of time before you break the next barrier...the 600 mile.

Let's see 'em...

:)

500 plus miles to a tank I have done many times, I usually filled up cause I found cheaper gas and I wanted to save $$ filling up. Its when you guys set the challenge to go 600 miles and the weather warmed up that I took you guys seriously to get to 600. My current tank is at 48.0 mpg at over 250 miles driven so far but I was in a 2 hour traffic jam on the DC beltway returning from National Airport Thursday which knocked me down from 49 mpg. To do +600 you need weather and the right roads and conditions and to me its no biggie anymore. I am at the point now that I want to test the car at 66 mph on the hwy and see what driving faster will yield. Once I turn over 10,000 miles I may clear my lifetime average and start anew, this is in another 800 miles to go. BTW life avaerage is at 41.6 mpg now.

Back in the early days of the Prius, 500 miles on a tank was the mark to hit. It was referred to as the "Trenton challenge" although I can't remember why and am too lazy to look up (because who would even care). Once somebody hit it, then everybody seemed to.

The C-max should easily hit that mark with its better (than the early Prii) mileage and bigger tank. I wish I could join the competition, but I have an Energi, which delivers whatever mileage I choose based on how I plug in. A lot of you guys are getting legit 49+ MPG. My lifetime MPGe is around 52.8 including about 50% plug-in miles and the rest hybrid. Does the regular Max report MPGe? If so, what are you seeing?

I've hit 500 mile tanks quite a number of times in the last 2 months.  This last one fell just short of the 600 club as i lost nerve to go far below empty.

Thats great orphoto  :)  Yeah, I always advice not trying for the 600 without a spare tank. Also, the 600 is not for everyone, or fit in everyones schedule or don't want to carry the spare gas. I always now carry it out of habit as I am all over the place with my appraisal work, just in case I cannot get to a Costco gas station.

Also, it takes a while to get use to driving that low also. Look forward to adding your name to the 600 Mile Club when the weather warms up :rockon:

Back in the early days of the Prius, 500 miles on a tank was the mark to hit. It was referred to as the "Trenton challenge" although I can't remember why and am too lazy to look up (because who would even care). Once somebody hit it, then everybody seemed to.

The C-max should easily hit that mark with its better (than the early Prii) mileage and bigger tank. I wish I could join the competition, but I have an Energi, which delivers whatever mileage I choose based on how I plug in. A lot of you guys are getting legit 49+ MPG. My lifetime MPGe is around 52.8 including about 50% plug-in miles and the rest hybrid. Does the regular Max report MPGe? If so, what are you seeing?

tdefny, thanks for the history, didn't know that. yeah, the cmax has bigger tanks - which was one of my main reasons I got it, I needed the range. And you are right, I just want the owners and potential owners to see that the CMax will do regular 500+ mile tanks especially after all the BS about the sub 40s MPGs. Those who have been here say "yeah I done it" so post it up so others know what the regular CMax can do.

Typically, those posters have some sort of state location under their username and it says "John from Ohio" can do 500+ miles, I am from Ohio so yeah, it is very doable..and oh look, heres Adair from MI...she can do 500+ miles...and the thinking changes to "wow, may be these drivers in the north east can get some decent MPGs.... :drool:

I know I hit 500+ without batting an eyelid and where the fun starts for me is around 610 miles and above but I recognize its not for everyone to hit above 600. Lets see more pics of 500+ tanks!

I have not seen anything about MPGe for us regular hybrids, we'll be lucky to run a mile or two on EV at 62mph with 50% batts, lol.

Update reason...avoid getting :finger:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I have 5 tanks with over 500 miles, my last tank was 518 but I didn't take a picture.

I was referencing Jus-A-CMax's post above:

Typically, those posters have some sort of state location under their username and it says "John from Ohio" can do 500+ miles, I am from Ohio so yeah, it is very doable..and oh look, heres Adair from PA...she can do 500+ miles...and the thinking changes to "wow, may be these drivers in the north east can get some decent MPGs....

(and I think Adair is a 'she')

Aw

Adair is no longer a Wolverine?

Thanks for noticing Jaz! I was giving Jus a pass by not calling him on the whole PA thing. 

Actually, I'm a transplanted Tar Heel wearing a Wolverine suit, residing in Milan with my husband, daughter, 88 y/o mother and my C-MAX!!!

AAAANNNNNNNDDDD..............my current tank is 44.5 mpg. We'll be driving it to a Mother's Day lunch with some friends who are Ford retirees. I hope to pull of a 500 mile tank to show them. Right now it's looking good for 520 or so. :yahoo: