Vibration at 63 mph even after new tires !

eldrijt

We don't really feel it in the steering wheel . Before we re rotated the new tires I believe my wife said that she could feel it in the wheel . I have lots of weights on 2 of my wheels so I assumed a bent wheel . We decided to try new method of balancing called Force Balance . We brought it in and told them the story and they said they thought it was transmission shudder in the torque converter which I don't think we have . They did not do the Force balance .

jim

On 6/10/2023 at 5:21 AM, nogoodbum said:

Couple of questions. You said a couple of wheels needed excess weights to balance, are these two mounted on the same axle or side? Have you rotated tires to see if any effect changes?

sorry I misread where you rotated tires.

• 4 months later...

If you have a Discount Tire/America's Tire near you I suggest you take it there for a Road Force balance.  They usually have the most up to date machines and are trained in using them.  They can also measure wheel run-out to see if any of the wheels are out of round.  Good luck.