Article: Would you buy an Apple iCar?

Your subject title reminds me of a question thrown around the ol' motorcycle forums:  "If Harley Davidson built an airplane, would you fly in it?"   :drool:

Hope this doesn't start a platform war but I'll bite:  Yes, I'd much rather operate an i-Car rather than a PCar.  Due to the overall ineptitude of a growing number of drivers, I personally can't wait till we really do have auto-drive cars.  

I wouldn't have used the title if I wrote the article, but since it is the actual title of the article, I just went with it.  

I too hope the post doesn't start a fan-boy war, but the topic was probably bound to surface eventually, and I hope it generates some interest and thoughtful discussion.

As an aside, I have a relatively diverse family dynamic . Wife and Daughter are multi-generation iPhone users, Dad (me) and other daughter are Windows phone users, Son is multi-generation Android user. The only thing I insist on is that we not be blindly religious or dogmatic about it.  

As a reflection of objectivity, I posted on future console technology from one of the other camps (Microsoft) here: Designing the (in) car experience of the future.

Apple makes excellent products but they are very proprietary.  Don't even thing about modding or adding accessories unless they are official Apple brand.  No, I wouldn't buy an iCar.  Can you even imagine what the price would be?

Apple makes excellent products but they are very proprietary.  Don't even thing about modding or adding accessories unless they are official Apple brand.  No, I wouldn't buy an iCar.  Can you even imagine what the price would be?

16K Icar = 16,499.99

32K Icar = 17,499.99

64K Icar = 18,499.99

Fuel must be purchased via the Ifillup app that is loaded on the car, all service must be done at the Icar dealership