Took my first test drive today.

I'm in love. I test drove a Energi with 301A. It was amazing. The ride felt great, the seats were comfortable, and the ride was so quiet, even at highway speeds. I'm still torn between the blue and the black. :)

Get 'em both:  drive the black during cool-weather trips.

If we could convince these Prius owners to drive one just once, there would be a lot more C Max owners out here. One drive is all it takes and your hooked

I remember lucidly dreaming about some 5 day challenge...lets see...yeah, thats right...first 4 days rent a Prii and then the last day test drive a CMax, one way or the either...but then again I also remember someone waking me up...it was all very strange. Kinda like seeing alien faces inside my MFT...oh sorry, wrong person...WAKE UP ;)

Seriously, I think that they will come to the CMax or they won't. It always amuses me to lurk and read on these Prii forums especially those over there whos driven a V and then they have to have the space and MPG - but the key they always acknowledge is the finer ride, tighness, quietness and comfort of the CMax. However, they'll always resort to the CR MPGs or the Fuelly average MPG for the CMax and tout the consistency of their own, disregarding the newness in the CMax released in winter and offer no explanation as to how others like myself, Matts or JohnnOhio and others are breaking the MPG far above the CR "street MPG" (yes, yes, temps play a role blah, blah, blah but Matt and John are on the east coast). I mean they barely make 500 miles a tank in a V also and the thread/posts shows the CMax has greater range and consistently breaking the 500s in our sleep (oh, yeah...we are suppose to be heavier, bloated focus if I recall, only offset by the 1-2 gallon larger tank but whos fault is it to have a smaller tank? Hmmh, let me think about that one....).

To me 4 out of 5 ain't bad but I suspect they always wanted a Prii anyway so the CMax is always a curiousity for them. The darkside but thats OK, I luv the darkside, the stealth....a black CMax with tints is all that especially a mat Black custom with some carbon  graphite trims....ooooh.

On the flipside, we own and  :wub2:  ours. Peace & my 2c.

PS Can't wait till the summer is here, watch the CMax fuelly line go thru the roof, mark my word :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

On my test drives I drove a prius v then a honda fit and lastly a c-max sel hybrid.

The c-max was definitely way ahead of the pack in terms of performance.  But

I had been reading about people getting mid or low 30's for mpg so I decided I better

go with the prius v or fit even though I didn't like them as much since driving the c-max.

After struggling with this several days I noticed the ford dealer where I bought my last ford

had a loaded used 2012 prius v and a ruby red c-max sel so I decided to give the c-max one more

try and if it failed my test I would buy the prius that they had.  I decided if the c-max wouldn't give

at least 42mpg on my test drive I didn't want it.  Zeroed out the trip meter for my test

drive and started with city driving, after several miles for city driving the mpg went up to 48mpg.

Then got on the freeway and drove several miles back to the dealership when we got back the

trip mpg was at 43mpg for the test drive.  Then the salesman started demonstrating the climate controls

and when he got to the part where you can control the temperature differently on both sides of the

car my wife says "Sold".  We never even drove the prius v.  Some woman had traded in a 2012

prius v with 3000 miles for a c-max.  We have been happy with our decision so far.

On my test drives I drove a prius v then a honda fit and lastly a c-max sel hybrid.

The c-max was definitely way ahead of the pack in terms of performance.  But

I had been reading about people getting mid or low 30's for mpg so I decided I better

go with the prius v or fit even though I didn't like them as much since driving the c-max.

After struggling with this several days I noticed the ford dealer where I bought my last ford

had a loaded used 2012 prius v and a ruby red c-max sel so I decided to give the c-max one more

try and if it failed my test I would buy the prius that they had.  I decided if the c-max wouldn't give

at least 42mpg on my test drive I didn't want it.  Zeroed out the trip meter for my test

drive and started with city driving, after several miles for city driving the mpg went up to 48mpg.

Then got on the freeway and drove several miles back to the dealership when we got back the

trip mpg was at 43mpg for the test drive.  Then the salesman started demonstrating the climate controls

and when he got to the part where you can control the temperature differently on both sides of the

car my wife says "Sold".  We never even drove the prius v.  Some woman had traded in a 2012

prius v with 3000 miles for a c-max.  We have been happy with our decision so far.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Being in your Pac North, I would expect the CMax to perform. We had guys like Nick from the Seattle region and another guy on Fuelly from the same region clocking up some nice MPGs. Also, I really don't think owners/drivers understand how much the MPG will change with the engine breakin - as I try to document on my long Mammoth trips which had consistent miles and weather, you can see a nice gradual increase in the MPGs as engine started at 3K, to 5K, to 8K to 10K. I clock a ton of miles and Matt aka Recumpence clocks even more and I truly believe that those early adopters like myself who DO NOT clock as much miles are starting to see some benefit in the break-in and throw in some decent weather for an added bonus.

Enjoy your CMax homestead, its truly a FUN car to drive who will reward you nicely with MPG if you want to hypermile or just drive it as a normal car and still get some nice MPGs :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yup, that's all it took for me!

I didn't test drive at all, bought it and drove it home for the first time.  I was sold by the looks, feel of the interior, spaciousness of the seating was a prime factor.  But main consideration was it didn't look plastic inside and it was made in

AMERICA BABY!!!!lets here for the red,white and blue automaker not Japanese bred made by automaker's in America...a.k.a Toyota

Come on! We need more Blue Candy people!!! And I'm surprised at how clean looking it stays between baths! The road dust just rolls right off!

The blue is hard to resist. It's interesting how different it looks in every lighting situation though. Some it's too light for my tastes in others it's perfect. Black would be boring but idk. I'm really excited about the car. I don't think I'll waste money on renting one I'm sure this will be my next car.

We own a 2008 Escape Hybrid, we have loved it. I drove a C-Max out of curiosity, and really liked it. I drove another from a different dealer about a week later, and was sold. It takes everything that was great about the Escape hybrid, and improved it all around. After building several versions on the Ford website, we contacted the dealer we wanted to buy from. They only had one sel on the lot, with no options. After trying to find one built the way we wanted, and no dealer willing to trade, we put the $500 down on our order on 5/9/13.

We are anxiously waiting for our C-Max hybrid sel. We are getting black/black, with 303a package, sunroof, remote start, and exterior protection package(for the mudflaps). Expected to be 8 weeks, we will be trading in the Escape hybrid.