C-Max was stinking

Laurel

For days I have been thinking our C-Max, Tip, was stinking to high heaven.  Couldn't find any source so then I blamed the smell on our elderly dog Tinker.  I washed her car bedding and gave her a bath.  She had a routine vet visit this morning and I told her vet how she might be stinking up the car.  She smelled fine to the vet.  Got home and was watering the garden in my Nike Comfort thongs that I have lived in for the past few months.  Got some grass on them and lifted them up close to my face and holy smokes it was the thongs!  I googled and there are a zillion complaints about how they stink and you can't get the smell out.  So every time I was driving in the confined car I was smelling my feet LOL.  So I am relieved to report that my C-Max doesn't stink--nor does poor little Tinker.  Don't buy any Nike Comfort thongs or you will live to regret it.

Okay I'll bite grggwlkr--just in case I used a Canadian word for what some call flip flops.  I hadn't thought that some would think I was talking about lingerie thong versus shoe thongs.  Gross thought--gee maybe I should edit that first post.  Anyway I am talking about sandal thongs that you wear on your feet LOL.  I think you are teasing n'est pas?

Edited by Laurel

Armoredsaint that brings back memories.  I haven't seen bagged milk in a few years--wonder what happened to it?  It sure was a pain in the butt.  We're back to regular milk cartons, but my favourite way to buy milk is in the old fashioned bottles.  However it is almost twice the price.

Do you still have flashing green traffic lights in Canada? The first time I drove up there I had no idea they mean the same thing as a steady green left turn arrow!

Nope they are gone too--at least in western Canada.  You know what freaks me out in the States are the u turns everyone makes--especially at intersections.  We don't have that here.  It is very restricted where a u turn can happen around here.  I see the odd car with Washington plates making one at an intersection and I watch in awe LOL.

Down here, the deep Cajuns, dey don't sey da tee atch sound, no. Jus da t. So it sound like dis:

My tongs wuz smellin sumptin awful. Pooo-yii. Dem tongs is stanking.

Dat ain't jus Cajun, dat's close to  North-ca-dam-rho-dam-lina too honey! Cuz I unnerstood ever thang y'all said!

Edited by Adair

Nope they are gone too--at least in western Canada.  You know what freaks me out in the States are the u turns everyone makes--especially at intersections.  We don't have that here.  It is very restricted where a u turn can happen around here.  I see the odd car with Washington plates making one at an intersection and I watch in awe LOL.

Depends on the state.  In Arizona it's legal to do a U-turn in an intersection (unless it's posted not to).  In New Mexico you couldn't (or at least you couldn't last time I checked.)  It can get a little confusing because each state does things a little different.  Here in Phoenix Metro each city does things a little different too.  Most cities put the green protected arrow before the normal green light.  In Scottsdale, it's the opposite.  Some cities have flashing yellow left-turn arrows, while others just have a green light, both meaning the same thing.

In California, it used to be that you could not make a U-turn unless there was a sign saying you could; now it's the opposite: if there's no sign preventing it, you can do a Uey.

Mate, don't give up your daytime job and become a driving instructor in your CMax... :redcard: .... u know u can't just simply do a Uey wily-nilly here. The local cops luv the illegal uturn drivers, especially those in a business district in the middle of street...nice money spinner for the city :finger:

Jus sayin ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Hey Jus, I was just following the info in the CA driver's handbook (pg. 38), thinking mainly of intersections: "You may make a legal U-Turn: Across a double yellow line, when it is safe and legal. In a residential district: if there are no vehicles approaching you within 200 feet. whenever a traffic sign, light, or signal protects you from approaching vehicles. At an intersection on a green light or green arrow, unless a "no U-Turn" sign is posted...."

Jest sayin' :yahoo:

BTW: Just jumped a whole .2 mpg this fillup.  I'm catching up!

Edited by roninsd