$31,770 List

$29,837.00 Internet Price

less

$750.00 Ford Public Rebate

less

$750.00 Private Offer from brochure

=

$28,337.00  No negotiation price

Add in $399.00 Doc Fee (pretty much standard in Phoenix market)

They also included as standard and at no extra charge fabric protectant on the carpeted areas, nitrogen on the tires, pin stripes on the side, clear film door edge guards, and window tint (tint is a must in Phoenix - usually goes for $249-$299 at the dealer...maybe a little less in the aftermarket).  We negotiated and asked they also add the clear plastic film protectant (like on the door edges) on the front of the car and mirrors (they call it Lex Shield), and they agreed.  Take some off for the trade-in, add in for sales taxes and registration fees and taxes, and it was $26, 975.80 out the door.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is every curious what the AZ/X-plan prices are:

When you are looking at a specific vehicle on the dealer inventory website (e.g. http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Encinitas-Ford-05475/model/2013-C-MAX-HybridReveal/vin/1FADP5CU3DL542079/?zipcode=92024) , you can peruse the HTML Source - search for 'xplan'. They just use Javascript to switch which price gets displayed. 

page is no longer valid/has been moved

When you are looking at a specific vehicle on the dealer inventory website (e.g. http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Encinitas-Ford-05475/model/2013-C-MAX-HybridReveal/vin/1FADP5CU3DL542079/?zipcode=92024) , you can peruse the HTML Source - search for 'xplan'. They just use Javascript to switch which price gets displayed. 

Edited by salsaguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I guess I got ripped off big time, then.  Mine was listed at $33k (used) 

I got my Titanium White Pearl, 2013 SEL with 301A package for around $29,000.  This included my trade-in ($5618 positive equity) and TTL.  I can't believe I paid more for my used car than I would have for a brand new one with more features. God, talk about a sucker.

I did some research during our extended test drive (they loaned it to us for an hour).  During the negotiation process, I didn't realize that the out the door price included our trade-in; I thought it was just the car+TTL.

Don't get me wrong, I take most of the blame here, but I think it's pretty shitty for the dealer to sticker it that high to begin with.  Makes me sick to think that my monthly payment is like $100 higher than it should be.  

I've been mulling the idea of sending an EECB with my experience (which was good except for that part).  At the very worst, at least I have a car I like now.  That's what I get for being a dummy, I suppose.

sadly that do this to compensate for all the techie folks who read and research like crazy and plan and prepare for 2 months before going into buy a car and end up selling it for just over invoice where they maybe make $300.oh they LOVE us kind...... NOT.

this practice should not be still around but these dealers will always be looking out for themselves. it's a cut throat industry that is commission based do that will always cause these problems.

sorry for your pain. hope your Cmax ends up saving you some gas money to compensate a little

When we were shopping, we came across a used SEL 303A with pano roof and 8K miles for 29K...so yes, I think you did overpay, but it happens to all of us at some point - don't brood over it - just consider it a life's lesson - maybe you learned something that will save you from making an even bigger mistake in the future, like on a house or a future car

When we were shopping, we came across a used SEL 303A with pano roof and 8K miles for 29K...so yes, I think you did overpay, but it happens to all of us at some point - don't brood over it - just consider it a life's lesson - maybe you learned something that will save you from making an even bigger mistake in the future, like on a house or a future car

The irony is that this is not the first car my wife and I have bought!  We've also bought a house, lol.

Well - there are those who never learn their lesson LOL.

Seriously, though - I think it's much worse to underpay, and not get what you want or need, than to overpay.  For example, did you ever buy a tool or a TV or a stereo or a kitchen appliance or whatever...and you weren't happy with it?  You basically wasted all your money!  In your case, you got a car you're happy with - just paid a little too much.

We all think we got a good deal when we buy a car - otherwise, we would do it.  Who knows what a really good deal is?  I think the only way to tell is when the seller isn't happy they made the sale - then you know you did well.  As long as they're smiling, you could have done better.

I paid $36k total out the door for my Platinum White SEL with Pano, leather seats and 303a option.  Yes it is high but taking into consideration I bought it on September 20, 2012 and it was the first one in my area since I bought it the day they took it off the transporter.  There was no haggling or price dealing at that time, I paid just about sticker.  But I'm not complaining.

Edited by mtb9153

i don't think resetting any of the trip meters will clear the EV+ locations. i think those are stored separately in a RAM type memory once added I'm sure it's difficult to erase. and your Cmax may replace an old location if a new one is driven to more often (e.g., soccer practice for kids each week)

as for best prices usually when a new car model is released you always pay a premium due to the high demand and low inventory (SUPPLY).

after a few months it cools o ff and you can haggle for a better price when they can't sell them like they used to our when a bad PR issue (low mpg/dead batteries) is spread around the news/web sites.

Edited by salsaguy