WHAT'S THAT ANTENNA FOR?

We have an ugly black box on top of our White Platinum C-Max, with an ugly black antenna attached to it. It's a real eyesore, on an otherwise fine looking car. What's it for - anyone know? We do not currently use a Bluetooth cell phone, so if it's somehow related to cell phone use, can I at least unscrew the black antenna?

The black trim around the windows and the black lower trim plus the black tires and black grill must drive you nuts. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had it for a while?  Notice any change, good or bad, with reception?  Put it through a carwash yet?  Does the color look good to the eye (compared to photos)?

I like the way that these look, and I imagine that it would do a little something for both wind noise and MPG.  I am just a little concerned for the durability of the adhesive.  I don't hand wash my car; I go through the carwash.  So, if you don't mind being the experimenter, I sure hope that you will keep reporting back to us about how it is going.

The color is spot on with comparison to the surrounding color. I hand wash the car, so won't be able to help much on the car wash question. It does appear and feel very sturdy, well attached. Don't think you would have a problem. Wonder if my local dealership will notice when I go back for the rest of 3.1.5 install

Has been on about 3 weeks, btw

Edited by Jbtbga

• 5 months later...