A car is born!

GreenChicago

Well, okay it's reborn ;-) After 8 weeks post order, I got tired of waiting for delivery from a dealer for my C-MAX, and found a gently used one at another dealership that had even more options than I was willing to pay for new, but for the same price! Yes, that's right-- I'd ordered an SE, and ended up with an SEL for the same money on a vehicle that had 3500 miles on the odometer. So I'm a happy-happy-happy camper! And I'm so very glad I got the liftgate, which was the heavily advertised feature that drew me to the vehicle, but was unavailable on the SE.

Not sure where on this forum to check, but am having trouble understanding how to get the song titles from the iPhone 4s to display on the entertainment dash. Can somebody point me to a quick link? I thought it may be in the Gracenotes database, but I turned that on and it still doesn't recognize artists or titles playing through my phone. I'm assuming this can b enabled. Can anyone point me to the right place to figure this out? Thanks in advance, and happy c-maxing to all!

The car was originally purchased in December 2012, which I think makes it pretty old, but the dealer who purchased it updated all the software. The short answer is I don't know how to figure that out yet! Thanks for the welcome-- I really love the Ruby Red as I'm sure you do, too!

The car was originally purchased in December 2012, which I think makes it pretty old, but the dealer who purchased it updated all the software. The short answer is I don't know how to figure that out yet! Thanks for the welcome-- I really love the Ruby Red as I'm sure you do, too!

I have an iPhone 5 and stream my music through the bluetooth function almost everyday.  Funny the song titles and music info showing on the large screen are hit and miss.  But if I select streaming through the entertainment function on the right steering wheel knob.  The songs titles and Artists names appear on the right screen all the time.  Same if I'm playing FM presets, the station ID will display on the right dash screen

My SEL was built September 2012 Nah Nanny Nah Nah I'm older LOL...:) Welcome GreenChicgo glad you gave your car a new home.

I was thinking I was the only one. . . .  Week seven for me.  Latest ETA is still a week or so off.  :sad:

I feel your pain, ScubaDad! Mine was built 5/2, had an original ETA of 5/14, and it's only 4 1/2 hours from the factory to my dealer. **sigh** I am going to learn patience if it kills me!

I have an iPhone 5 and stream my music through the bluetooth function almost everyday.  Funny the song titles and music info showing on the large screen are hit and miss.  But if I select streaming through the entertainment function on the right steering wheel knob.  The songs titles and Artists names appear on the right screen all the time.  Same if I'm playing FM presets, the station ID will display on the right dash screen

Thanks for the reply, mtb. I wish I could get your process to work for me but I can't seem to. I have tried disconnecting bt and reconnecting, accessing bt from steering wheel, accessing from MFT, selecting media device settings from MFT manually and no dice. The song playing name on the MFT display just stays stuck without changing, nor do the touchscreen or tuning button controls work. While it's not critical, it does mean that I can only control the play using my hands through the phone itself, which completely defeats the purpose of hands-free streaming. Ugh. For this much technology, this thing should just work!

Thanks for the reply, mtb. I wish I could get your process to work for me but I can't seem to. I have tried disconnecting bt and reconnecting, accessing bt from steering wheel, accessing from MFT, selecting media device settings from MFT manually and no dice. The song playing name on the MFT display just stays stuck without changing, nor do the touchscreen or tuning button controls work. While it's not critical, it does mean that I can only control the play using my hands through the phone itself, which completely defeats the purpose of hands-free streaming. Ugh. For this much technology, this thing should just work!

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2081-ford-etis-website-check-it-out/

Since your car was built before Fen 2013, you may be due for the update so many of us with *older* C-MAXs have been anxiously awaiting.............check out the above link Green. All you need is your VIN #. The update may correct some of these issues.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2081-ford-etis-website-check-it-out/

Since your car was built before Fen 2013, you may be due for the update so many of us with *older* C-MAXs have been anxiously awaiting.............check out the above link Green. All you need is your VIN #. The update may correct some of these issues.

Hey that's great! My VIN turns up the following two things-- Now what do I do to get these?

"Outstanding Field Service Actions

13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

13B06 - REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM"

Hey that's great! My VIN turns up the following two things-- Now what do I do to get these?

"Outstanding Field Service Actions

13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

13B06 - REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM"

Mine shows nothing, thats BS...oh well, 3.1.3 for now but everything is working...maybe thats the problem....Ford is eyeing these forums and as I post "it working" they just moved me to the back of the line...or scrubbed me from the list...Adair...where are your aliens?!?!?!

:runaway:

Mine shows nothing, thats BS...oh well, 3.1.3 for now but everything is working...maybe thats the problem....Ford is eyeing these forums and as I post "it working" they just moved me to the back of the line...or scrubbed me from the list...Adair...where are your aliens?!?!?

I wonder, Jus, if they are doing the rollout gradually......not everyone at once.........so as not to overwhelm the dealerships with service requests? I can't imagine that everyone who bought their car before Feb, and has 3.1.3 won't be eligible for the upgrade.

I'll be talking to my *new best friend* @ Ford this week and will ask her. She told me it could take up to 2 weeks for everyone to see the upgrade letter.