SYNC status checker

Has anyone done this? I want to run it in my car, but don't want to sit still to do it. I'm a multi-tasker... :woohoo:  Do you know if you can run it while driving?

I've done it and you can, but it doesn't take too long to run.  After it's done it puts a file on the flash drive that you have to take back to the website that will verify that the "update" was done correctly.  I think the Sync Status Checker is basically a fake update that writes the current version of the software to the flash drive just like a real update would.  You then load that onto the website.

I've done it and you can, but it doesn't take too long to run.  After it's done it puts a file on the flash drive that you have to take back to the website that will verify that the "update" was done correctly.  I think the Sync Status Checker is basically a fake update that writes the current version of the software to the flash drive just like a real update would.  You then load that onto the website.

Thanks Zhackwyatt! I'm hoping when I upload the *current* version, it will show that there is a newer version aka 3.5.1 for my car at some point in the near future. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Status Checker is supposed to do, but as I've said before, I'm an *Incurable Optimist*!!!

Thanks Zhackwyatt! I'm hoping when I upload the *current* version, it will show that there is a newer version aka 3.5.1 for my car at some point in the near future. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Status Checker is supposed to do, but as I've said before, I'm an *Incurable Optimist*!!!

In reality, I think the status checker is only useful if you buy a used car and the previous owner did not update the website when a newer version of software was installed.  Or if the dealer forgot to do it.  I think (although I'm not 100% sure) but running a VHR will also update the website w/ the correct version of sync that you have.  Since the car came out of the factory and has not had any previous owners, what the website shows as the current version is most probably accurate.

Have fun w/ your adventures!

*****Stupid question alert*****

Printed off the directions from the SYNC site and have the thumb drive ready.

Step 5 says plug USB drive into USB port............check

Press AUX to select SYNC Line In. Press OK..............HUH? Where is AUX?