First two weeks with my 2015 C-Max Energi

I really like the car. Having driven a cramped 2006 Toyota Corolla until now, I am so impressed with the ergonomics. Ford did a great job with clear sight lines into adjacent lanes and to the rear. The seats are very comfortable, though very US-roomy (sized for big Americans). Steering, braking and acceleration are more than acceptable. The HVB takes up a fair amount of cargo space that I could have used, but I get to ride around locally in all-electric silence, 'til the engine kicks in. The vehicle has a big-car feel -- heavy doors that close with a solid "thunk", and a feeling of weight on the road. The CVT tranny is smooth and silent.

My C-Max had nearly 150,000 mile on the odo when I got it. I wonder how long it will last before something critical and way too expensive fails, or until I am too old to drive. Until then, I have made my debut into the world of modern autos. I suppose that's better than tooling around in the old Toyota.

• 3 months later...