Sometimes you need to drive another car....

Adair

......for a day to appreciate what you have in the C-MAX. And it's not just about the MPGs.....it's the whole driving experience......from the quiet start to the smooth acceleration to all the little technological marvels that I'm coming to realize are not the norm.

Don't get me wrong.......I was hugely grateful to my dealership for loaning me the Escape yesterday, but it only served to reinforce why I'm glad I bought the C-MAX instead. And I'm also glad I got mine with all the *bells and whistles* that I did (even tho I haven't used Park Assist yet)

I was really happy to get back behind the wheel of the Jelly Bean yesterday afternoon. :yahoo:

(this was NOT a paid announcement :woot:)

Oh, nothing......I thought I was taking it in for the next phase of the *phone vs car allergy testing*, but 3.5.1 was in, so they kept it and did the update and the liftgate fix. Took half a day, so the service manager gave me a car.

It's gonna be hotter here for the next few days, so fingers crossed that the update takes care of the SYNC issues I was  having.

taking mine in for an oil change and YES they notified me about a tail gate fix and a sync fix that has to do with my GPS...hope those take care of my lingering issues.

BTW I rode last week with a guy making sales calls in a Lexus IS 250 and guess what ....IMHO...... POS and you can have that freaking car..low to the ground, harsh ride and bad visability. NO THANKS

I think the same thing.  So far I have driven an Escape, Focus, and the Fiesta. (in that order)  I would rank them in that order as well.  I'm taking it in on Friday for the 3.5.1 and liftgate.  Wonder what I'll get this time?

Edited by Edsel

dealer came by and took mine the other day and will keep it until they resolve the issues that I have been experiencing with the systems.He dropped off a Mustang GT convertible as a loner until next week, having a ball with it. weather is great right now and the exhaust rumble brings back memories of my youth.

Now thats a loaner! :yahoo:

dealer came by and took mine the other day and will keep it until they resolve the issues that I have been experiencing with the systems.He dropped off a Mustang GT convertible as a loner until next week, having a ball with it. weather is great right now and the exhaust rumble brings back memories of my youth.

Somebody's finally listening?

Somebody's finally listening?

Guess so -  Got a call from the dealership yesterday, they came over and picked up the car, leaving my a Mustang GT Convertible and are going to go over the vehicle from top to bottom, they promised that 3.5.1 will be installed, they will long term test the car and make sure that everything is working as it is supposed to. They requested as much information as possible, including the destinations that I use that result in the car being shown a mile and half off the road and other ones that show routing issues.

Dealer originally said that the car should be ready to be picked up by Friday but they just called me it will be at least Tuesday of next week. suspect they have found something. Meanwhile I get to play with the Mustang

armoredsaint - what's your build date? Trying to see if these are all early CMaxs or if they are mixed...

Yep, the next wave of fixes for Ford will be the GPS module replacements when people find out the 3.5.1 is NO solution for the GPS tracking issue. Thank goodness I followed ArizonaEnergi by replacing the GPS - best decision :)

Good points all:  I just discovered a major error a couple of days ago on two major roads in Detroit.  Going to be checking to see if it continues to be wrong or was a one-off.  But on a Florida/Texas trip it always seemed to be spot on. 3.5.1.

I have 3.5.1 and a March build and have found the arrow off the road on one occasion but it corrected itself after a curve or two.  It also didn't recognize a year old toll road here in Texas.  The good news is it didn't go beserk trying to constantly reroute me.