Another New Newb

METROMAN

Just put a deposit on our Ruby SEL, 300A pkg with light stone interior. I wanted dark, she wanted light interior. I guess it will cut down on some of the AC use with the lighter interior. Oh well, sometimes you're the windshield & sometimes you're the bug. Gotta keep the wife happy. Going to pick it up Thursday night after work.They showed me one with the "roof". I didn't care for it. Had a concern about extra fuel use heating or cooling & thought the shade was kinda cheesy. Not knocking it, just isn't me. I drive Geo Metros & usually get 50+ mpg out of a 3 cylinder. So this latest edition will help the wife bring her mpg avg up somewhat compared to the 2011 Camry she's been driving. Been enjoying reading all the topics

Edited by METROMAN

OH NOOOOO!  Not another noob.......        :)

I have the same color combo and love it.  Since your wife is also a hybrid newb, she should join the forum and learn the tips and tricks that are special to hybrid driving.  Once one understands how things work, the high mpg's come MUCH easier.

Edited by fotomoto

Welcome MetroMan and MrsMetroMan!!

Do you know when your car was built? You might want to check out the threads  concerning the 3.5.1 update and make sure yours has it. We think the dealerships have been advised to do it to all their cars on the lot, but you never know.........

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1569-351anyone-anyone/

This one is a site that will tell you if your vehicle is due for any updates. All you need is your VIN #.

In addition to the 3.5.1 SYNC upgrade, there is also a fix for the liftgate that some of us required.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

We look forward to hearing/reading your first impressions of your car!

Welcome, Metroman! You're gonna love your new car no matter the color. I'm with your wife-- I have the ruby red with light stone interior ;-) I think they all heat up regardless of the seat colors due to the large windshield. I'm going to check into the sun shade someone here posted that looks like a really good fit, if a little spendy. Please post your thoughts and impressions when you take delivery.

Me too!

I wanted Ruby with the light interior but would have had to wait an extra 4-5 weeks, so I grabbed a Ruby with black leather that was just rolling off the assembly line. I have come to really love the Ruby/Black combo.

But yes - I am saving up for tinting the windows now - even though I live in the Puget Sound region.