LOSING COOLANT

P26CE code. Topped off the coolant level and turned off the code last Thursday. Today, 5 days later I took my car to my mechanic and discovered the coolant level had gone down significantly, and with no signs of a leak anywhere! Does anyone here have any idea why I am losing coolant, and where is it going?

Just some basic questions for you…I assume when you park it and walk around the front of the vehicle, you don’t smell antifreeze, correct? Do you still have the fiber cover underneath the vehicle, as per perhaps it has absorbed the leak and that’s why you’re not seeing it on the floor? Did you check the oil and make sure it’s not milky looking, or at a higher level than anticipated, because the antifreeze is leaking into the oil through the head gasket? Feel closely around the plastic bottle that is pressurized to feel for wetness.  And look closely at the sides and bottom of the radiator. If still no leak noted, you need to do a pressure test.

Edited by JohnTrigger