CMaxes in Copenhagen

erwhitham

We just returned from a Baltic cruise departing from Copenhagen. Very first car I notice is a white CMax followed by many other Ford brands. The same for Berlin. Once we sailed on to the more northern countries they became fewer, though a variety of familiar cars we have here. Interesting observation in St. Petersburg Russia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, citizens wanted to rid themselves of those ugly "Soviet" cars and go big. We saw fewer mini cars than we'd expected butno vans to speak of. And after 12 days away, my car started up immediately!!!

Wow that sounds like a great trip!  I cruised on NCL to the Baltic Capitals about 10 years ago.  I'm surprised you saw the CMax there.  Since I've been to Europe I like smaller cars.  They're all over the place along with bicycles.   :shoppingcart_: I've always thought that the little satellite antenna on U.S. cars look more European.

We did NCL which we enjoy. Did a Mediterranean with them too which was also terrific. Princess is more upscale and more expensive I hear. Couldn't get a pic because the cab zipped by as I spotted it. Caught the CMax word but couldn't be sure of the word "hybrid" and wondered about that. I must admit that we saw countless Priuses too. And many Honda CRV's. Our guide in Estonia said that after separating from the Soviet Union people wanted larger cars since new opportunities were open to them. After a trip to London he was surprised to see smaller ones which are much more practical with fuel costs in Europe hitting $1.50 a liter.