Going in next week to fix the tailgate problem and replace GPS module.

armoredsaint

Talked to the Service manager and I will be the first to have my tailgate fixed, plus he did see a notice for GPS issues too.

How long realistically did it take to do either or both? I know the TSB said 1/2 day for the tailgate as Ford was playing it safe with time.

Edited by armoredsaint

i wonder if Ford is going to re-do / recall that CMax commercial with the blonde lady and her dog. they show her swiping her foot left to right under the car but everyone says that is wrong and it should be only a single kick under the center of the bumper.

I think in the Escape commercial with the husband and wife, they show the kick method.

i would assume it's the same sensor/system in both cars so they are confusing everyone and teaching them bad habits if one is correct and the other is not, or is less reliable.

at the dealership now, it'll take a couple of hours min. and they don't even have shuttle service, only in-house rental cars for a cost or wi-fi- really?

It's the closest Ford dealership - Krieger Ford, it reminds me in the 90's of a crappy GM dealership when i was a kid.

ETA: they fixed the tailgate issue in 30 minutes, but then another hour later they tell me I need to book another appt to get the GPS/sync looked it  :nonono:  what a waste of time.

Edited by armoredsaint