got a letter from Ford today

mtb9153

Well I finally was notified by Ford for two updates available for Sync with MFT Customer Satisfaction Program 13A01 and CSP 13B06 promising at no cost to me to install software for improved performance and enhancement through V3.5 which includes:

• Simplified phone pairing process.
  • Enhanced voice recognition performance.
  • Improved call sound quality.
  • Simplified voice commands for radio & USB-connected audio players.
  • Enhanced voice & screen destination entry for vehicles equipped with NAV
  • Updated Bluetooth device/sync compatibility.
  • Outside air temperature display on the 8-inch touchscreen (got that, about the only that was installed correctly)
  • New "EV Info" button on home screen that will take me to a power flow screen that shows energy flow information (got that but it activates by pushing the time display which currently shows the date).

For which I say too little too late, now lets do it over right this time.  I sent off an email letter to the service department manager outlining my conversation with the service tech who does the software upgrades.  Explaining that I want this done ASAP but certainly not before the IT guy can drop a CAT5 cable to the service area otherwise it will be another waste of time.  I ended by saying please schedule as soon as possible or I will be forced to take my CMax to another dealership for the upgrade to hopefully be done right.

DaveofDurham, that is exactly right using CAT5 or 6 will allow the best possible link to the internet using high speed connection.  My dealer wasn't doing that, they were using a wireless connection to their server and it was crashing at the end every time.  But it appears my email letter to the service manager paid off since he just informed me this afternoon that they have hardwired to their download PC and successfully completed their first upgrade to 3.5.1 I was told to bring my Max back in and give them a few hours and they will get me back on the road. :) :happy feet:

Edited by mtb9153

Anyone know what the "simplified voice commands"  were? :headscratch:

Does this mean I can cuss at Maxine in more shorter meaningful ways and she will understand :hysterical:

What???? You cuss at Maxine? :redcard:  After all she's done for you? What's up with that??

And don't let Asia hear about that, she'll charge you a quarter :censored:

What???? You cuss at Maxine? :redcard:  After all she's done for you? What's up with that??

And don't let Asia hear about that, she'll charge you a quarter :censored:

I have no money anyway...ran out of Monopoly money last month, why did u think I am squeezing out the tank as much as possible. .. ;)

Plus u can never let a woman have her way all the time..how about that to put a cat among the  pigeons  :sing_rain:

I have no money anyway...ran out of Monopoly money last month, why did u think I am squeezing out the tank as much as possible. .. ;)

Plus u can never let a woman have her way all the time..how about that to put a cat among the  pigeons :sing_rain:

Is that Aussie-speak for *fox in the henhouse*?

So is this update for all C-Max owners or just ones that have had a problem or manufacturing date specific or what ?

I have been lax about calling my dealer.  My phone doesn't sync except for when it is first added.  

Thanks in advance.

Edited by obob