Sirius radio replay alert!

I have discovered Sirius all over again and I am loving it.

You can set an alert on a song and when that sing is playing in other channels it will send an alert. You then have thd option to listen to the sing, cancel or edit your alerts.

There is also replay. It's like TiVo for the car. You can listen again and again to what you have recorded.

I am surprised that more people aren't complaining about the poor sound quality of Sirius.  I had it on a prior car, and the sound was fantastic.  To me, Sirius now sounds like it is being played in a giant tin can cave.

I can't see how it is the sound system in the C-MAX that is the problem.  (I did opt for the upgraded sound system, BTW.)  Bluetooth sounds great.  FM radio sounds great. 

Speaking of FM, I ran a test today, and it confirmed the difference in sound quality between the same show being broadcast over FM and on Sirius.  NPR's Marketplace plays on FM at 6PM here, and the Sirius broadcast of the show is at 6:30.  I listened to FM, and then I switched over to Sirius, and I listened again to the same show.  Night and day difference in sound quality.

What gives?

Once you hit replay a white line shows with a counter to the left and rewind, pause/olay and fast forward buttons. It's pretty much recording. Hit the rewind a few times once you have let it record for a bit. You will notice its playing what you already listened to. It seems to track from right to left instead of left to right.

I'm very surprised at the bad sound quality of these channels for the money you have to pay to listen to them.

very muddy sounding in my a Passat. love HD radio sound quality and the extra hidden stations you get.

i don't think i have the option to do replay in my car. is that  bbutton special?i know about tagging a song but rarely use it. if you do that you get tired of that song much faster.the pop radio stations already overplay songs enough don't they?

• 2 months later...

I have had Sirius in my cars for 8 years now with various receivers and speakers. For most of that time the music channels sounded fine. Then about 2 years ago songs started to sound a little garbled. The best analogy I can think of is that the music sounded like it was being played on cassettes with stretched tape or like the speakers were under water. The talk radio channels have always sounded like crummy AM radio.

Despite this I can't stand listening to terrestrial redio any more. Way too many commercials, overly-talkative DJs, traffic reports, radio station contests, and lots of other stuff that interupts the music. I also have my iPod plugged into the USB port in case I want to listen to specific songs.

The trade-off for the sometimes poor quality is that there is more variety with Sirius and that you can listen to the same channel as you drive across an entire state.