SE Smarter Choice Than SEL?

PapaJ

If you have outside temperature on the main MFT screen or a hybrid display on the main MFT screen, then you have it.

Speaking of the hybrid screen, can I just say, I hate the fact that's an extra button instead of just replacing the climate controls? I mean, think about it. We don't really need a climate screen. We have the actual climate controls themselves!

If the hybrid screen took over the blue corner, first of all, we would be able to see the motors' status in the corner even while in other screens, which would be nice. We wouldn't have four buttons across in that bottom center group, which is pretty cramped right now. AND, the big screen would match the little screen. That is to say, to the right of the speedometer, that screen is red for entertainment, and the big screen is red for entertainment. Yellow for phone, on both screens. Green for nav. But the blue... the blue doesn't match. Efficiency leaves on the little screen, and climate control on the big one? Phft, no. Efficiency leaves on the little screen and hybrid status on the big one would be more more appropriate.

So, yeah, that's how I would've designed it, if anyone had asked me. ;)

Speaking of the hybrid screen, can I just say, I hate the fact that's an extra button instead of just replacing the climate controls? I mean, think about it. We don't really need a climate screen. We have the actual climate controls themselves!

If the hybrid screen took over the blue corner, first of all, we would be able to see the motors' status in the corner even while in other screens, which would be nice. We wouldn't have four buttons across in that bottom center group, which is pretty cramped right now. AND, the big screen would match the little screen. That is to say, to the right of the speedometer, that screen is red for entertainment, and the big screen is red for entertainment. Yellow for phone, on both screens. Green for nav. But the blue... the blue doesn't match. Efficiency leaves on the little screen, and climate control on the big one? Phft, no. Efficiency leaves on the little screen and hybrid status on the big one would be more more appropriate.

Makes sense, but I think it's partially for consistency sake.  My parents have an 2011 Ford Explorer and the only way to tell what the temperature is set to is based on the MFT screen.  They don't have a separate climate display.

+1 on this.  I know Ford is talking about tweaking and adding buttons on the next go around.  So it will be interesting to see how they change this screen in concert.

Jus, what did the experts at Ford ask you about  any needed screen layouts improvements , during the Irvine event?? if they asked you how you wanted it done if any different.

Nothing about the screen layout. Infact, they wanted to demonstrate the sync services ala for directions vs the map that we had.  I keep forgetting about this service....

Oh...wait...I told them the bevelling on the driver side was stupid..it blocked the entertainment access as my finger literally has to "weave" around the bevel.

I too did not want leather seats but these leather seats are not slippery and because I got the lighter colored seats, don't get any hotter than cloth seats.  I didn't think the auto wipers was anything but have found them a positive feature to have.  Its one less thing I have to manage while driving in the rain.  I thought the travel link was part of the 3 year free sync services but it, in fact, is a separate subscription service (free for first 6 months).  I liked the weather map and travel info, but I'm still debating whether to subscribe to travel link.  The auto tail gate is great.