new(ish) in FL

jrk

Hi, I've had my C-Max SEL in Icestorm for about 1 month. So far, no troubles. I'm getting about 40.4 mpg and am pretty comfortable. I had a Toyota Venza (2009) that I really liked, but it was not towable 4 down with an RV. After research, the C-Max was the only towable that had the bells and whistles that I've come to rely on (like keyless start) the great mpg is icing on the cake. 

I looked at the Honda CRV, but am so glad I got the C-Max. It seems much more comfortable and has more options, not to mention MPG.

I haven't gotten the C-Max set up to tow yet (that's another whole story -- dealing with Camping World), but anticipate a nice summer of travels. 

The Ford survey was a bit weird. They wanted to know if I love Ford. They didn't have an option to choose we're "just dating"  :)

janine in fl

Hi, ScubaDad, I'm in Ormond Beach just north of Daytona Beach. I see I have to work on my driving skills to get up to your 46.9 MPG. I find that I pay more attention to the leaf efficiency animation than I do to the road! Any tips on driving or c-Max onwnership?

Hi, ScubaDad, I'm in Ormond Beach just north of Daytona Beach. I see I have to work on my driving skills to get up to your 46.9 MPG. I find that I pay more attention to the leaf efficiency animation than I do to the road! Any tips on driving or c-Max onwnership?

Look for the thread that says, "I HAVE FOUND THE ILLUSIVE MPG SWEET SPOT!

Forget the leaves.  Set your left driver screen to Empower.  When ICE is on, try not to accelerate past the first bar, or go no higher than the second, if traffic is pushing you to speed up faster.  After that, try to maximize how long the EV is going by keeping the EV bar lit for as long as you can.  This is known as pulse and glide, where you maximize the glide phase.