C-MAXes here, there, everywhere.

I work in Issaquah Washington.

On my commute north and south to and from work I see a C-MAX here or there while on the road, probably once every other week.   

What a strange day it was to pull into the parking garage at work and cross paths the three different C-MAX before I parked (a gray one and two different white ones).  I work in an office complex, but it isn't that large, and I take a direct route to where I normally park.

The C-MAX is growing in popularity and Ford sells them as fast as they can make them. It shouldn't surprise me that they seem to be slowly invading my stomping grounds.   :)

I saw a ruby red go by, yesterday.  No idea if it is one from the rental fleets at Miami International Airport.  I live in a big tourism area.  So, it could be a rental.

We just got back from Key West and saw some down there. I travel Florida Turnpike alot so been noticing more and more on that road too for the 226 miles one way that I drive on it.

Spotted two within 30 minutes today.  The first was almost certainly the one where I spoke to the Argentines, the other day.  No time to take a pic of the first.  Second was my C-MAX's twin, an Oxford White.

I will speculate that this was also a rental.  In fact, I am surprised that almost all of the rentals aren't Oxford White, since that would be a cheaper color to touch up than any of the tricoats, and because white sells easily--which I would have thought would be at the top of the list for rental fleets.

post-668-0-78544900-1371788862_thumb.jpg

you guys are lucky with all the spottingz. in so cal. the hybrid capital of the world,I would think you'd see them all over to, like we have with Priuses every 10 seconds or so.I'm sure  with their popularity they will be competing with the Prii soon but Toyota has a big head start and dominate the space for sure.

I spotted two today.  Both were the same color.  The first one I saw while I was sitting at a red light.  I wound my window down and waved.  It wasn't safe for me to look to see if he/she saw me but I had to wave.  Then I parked beside one in the parking lot of Sam's Club.  I wanted to take a picture but got distracted.  umph..   :confused:

We drove up from Whittier to see relatives in Oxnard today (Sun), so with a road trip i thought it would be fun to challenge my wife and son. i said "first one to spot a C-Max on the road/drive wins $5". I

was hoping JusACMax was out and about in the valley to help us. :)

well my 12 yr old son was just about going crazy trying to look out the rear seat window trying to spot one. Lots and lots of Prius'es of course (at one point we saw twin silver Prii side by side!!). A few Focuses as well. sadly we made it all the way and nothing. no CMax'es. since the relatives lived just a few blocks from the Vista Ford dealer, i pulled into their on our way back from the beach to show them to our son and visiting father in law. son  had only seen them in the commercials (no money was given since the game was over at that point). they had about 4-5 CMaxes that i could easily see. mostly white ones (not sure if they were Oxford or the other special platinum white though). they prob had more hiding somewhere. we just drove around the lot and then left. they sure do look cool mouth wagering). I would have loved to test one but we didnt have time and had to get back for dessert :p

oh well,you guys are lucky to spot so many, even though my area should be swarming with them by now.

Edited by salsaguy

Checking in from Ann Arbor.....I saw 3 yesterday, within 1 block. A Ruby Red was ahead of me, a Blue Candy coming toward me on Jackson Rd., and an Ice Storm was turning left off of Wagner onto Jackson! If I'd been in Jelly, that would have been some kind of record......4 at one time, at the same intersection! The Ruby red looked like it had some kind of roof rack installed. They turned off into a hair salon and I didn't want to stalk :camera:

I saw, maybe, 2 C-Maxs on my trip to SC and back to Michigan. I saw one in Hilton Head and I think I saw another on the highway. I saw very few Prius' on the highway as well -- more on HH. I guess rural Ohio, Appalachia, and the SC lowlands are not the hottest market for hybrids. Who knew?  :drop: 

Seems obvious, but it's interesting to see coming from Ann Arbor, which is infested with Prius', and has small but noticeable C-Max population.

Edited by Testdriver

we were just up to Oxnard this past weekend but didn't see any on the way up our back.

Lol, hang around the la city golf course and u might spot mr. In Oxnard...Oxnard is there and a few others that I spotted easily...actually along the Los Angeles back route in the Camarillo/Spanish Hills area . They are there but NO way anywhere near the quantities of the Prii.