2013 Ford C-Max vs. 2013 Toyota Prius v Comparison Test

Great post....I forgot about that commercial when I replied...but you're right....its similar. My wifey :wub2:  that commercial as well, great "in your face" or "fight the power" ad, for sure :rockon:

Anyone can find truth to analogy...jus go to any Prii forum and search the CMax and the hate is there, they're not shy about it. God help you if you say something nice, especially MPG there.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Anyone can find truth to analogy...jus go to any Prii forum and search the CMax and the hate is there, they're not shy about it. God help you if you say something nice, especially MPG there.

Which just amazes me.

I have been reading that forum for about a decade now as I have been fascinated with hybrid technology. When the Prius was the only game in town, opinions were about raising the profile of hybrids among the general public and how great the technology was. Now that other hybrids have come on to the market the opinions have shifted to a more "us vs. them" mentality. There are still plenty of people on that forum that realize competition between hybrid manufacturers raises the bar for all. But more and more there are others that take every opportunity to downplay any contribution from non-Prius hybrids.

When the first reviews of the C-Max came out last fall that forum seemed to revel in the reports of lower than EPA milage numbers. Even though, several years earlier, there was a rush to defend the Prius from Consumer Reports reviews that said the same thing.

I'm glad that Prius owners are enthusiastic about their vehicles but I just wish some of them weren't so spitefull towards other brands. We're actually pretty lucky. We would really be hated if we were Volt owners.

Which just amazes me.

I have been reading that forum for about a decade now as I have been fascinated with hybrid technology. When the Prius was the only game in town, opinions were about raising the profile of hybrids among the general public and how great the technology was. Now that other hybrids have come on to the market the opinions have shifted to a more "us vs. them" mentality. There are still plenty of people on that forum that realize competition between hybrid manufacturers raises the bar for all. But more and more there are others that take every opportunity to downplay any contribution from non-Prius hybrids.

When the first reviews of the C-Max came out last fall that forum seemed to revel in the reports of lower than EPA milage numbers. Even though, several years earlier, there was a rush to defend the Prius from Consumer Reports reviews that said the same thing.

I'm glad that Prius owners are enthusiastic about their vehicles but I just wish some of them weren't so spitefull towards other brands. We're actually pretty lucky. We would really be hated if we were Volt owners.

I was not aware of any of the CR Prii deal so thats fascinating news to me. To me it seems like the cycle is repeating itself here with the CMax.

I think though, as a whole the posters here are very respectful, we may take a jab at other hybrids but I doubt if its hate. I know I poke fun but it does not mean I hate the Prii since I did drive one a number of times and can respect it. However, this is the Internet and when in the real world - Prii driver to CMax driver, I think theres common respect and real fascination with the other car.

I cite myself - this weekend I had a great chat with a Lexus CT200h owner down the street from me. I was just as fascinated about his car and he was with me,  we discussed MPGs, driving styles and no ego from either of us. I like his interior and Lexus build and all and he was curious with mine and he liked technology but I didn't have a chace to show him the MFT. I did tell him about the 833.8 tank (c'mon its a Palindrome, how hard is it to forget that - thanks Snowstorm!).

On the net, this could easily have been a huge flamewar.

Screw the net, I think we're good in the real world :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax