3.5.1 quirk

I am overall pleased with the 3.5.1 update, faster media selection, added display features etc.

HOWEVER.....one annoying quirk has surfaced:  I have a USB installed.  When the Entertainment is set to a Sirius station, or a local radio station, or to a particular USB album or song -- when I shut down the Cmax, then come back later to drive somewhere, the MFT selects the USB drive and starts up the first song indexed on it.  (like #1 of 1231 or such).

I have removed the USB drive, then re-installed to let the car re-index, but all it did once inserted is go back to that same song, though I was listening o Sirius at the time.  I don't recall any auto-play setting for USB being a part of the MFT.

Anyone else have this happen?  I am using my Sirius until it goes dark in a few weeks.....

BTW, anyone have luck getting  "deal" from Sirius on a new account?  If so please share.

Thanks

I bought my car on Dec. 23.  Sirius is still working this morning. We'll see how long it works before it's turned off.  I got an offer in the mail about a week or so ago to renew my expiring subscription.  It was 6 months for $30.

On previous cars over the past 5 years, I've always been able to get 6 months for between about $20 - $27. 

I am overall pleased with the 3.5.1 update, faster media selection, added display features etc.

HOWEVER.....one annoying quirk has surfaced:  I have a USB installed.  When the Entertainment is set to a Sirius station, or a local radio station, or to a particular USB album or song -- when I shut down the Cmax, then come back later to drive somewhere, the MFT selects the USB drive and starts up the first song indexed on it.  (like #1 of 1231 or such).

I have removed the USB drive, then re-installed to let the car re-index, but all it did once inserted is go back to that same song, though I was listening o Sirius at the time.  I don't recall any auto-play setting for USB being a part of the MFT.

Anyone else have this happen?  I am using my Sirius until it goes dark in a few weeks.....

BTW, anyone have luck getting  "deal" from Sirius on a new account?  If so please share.

Thanks

Yes! I always have my iPod Touch plugged into the USB port, and I cannot remember the exact buggy behavior, but this sounds similar to it. Also, if you're listening to your USB with all your music shuffled, it will sometimes only play a shuffled album when you turn the car off then back on. 

My car came with 3.5.1 installed, and I experience a lot of little "nuisance" bugs like that with MFT. Nothing major like a complete reboot, but a lot of little bugs like that. 

Edited by Testdriver

There is most definitely an auto-play setting for USB, and the MFT upgrade probably reset it to ON. I remember turning it off shortly after I got my car initially, since I leave an older ipod connected and it would start playing after starting the car. Look around in your settings, I'm sure it's there.

I bought my car on Dec. 23.  Sirius is still working this morning. We'll see how long it works before it's turned off.  I got an offer in the mail about a week or so ago to renew my expiring subscription.  It was 6 months for $30.

On previous cars over the past 5 years, I've always been able to get 6 months for between about $20 - $27. 

should be a 6 month deal, mine quit working at 6 months.  They keep bugging me to reinstate it but I don't want it as I pretty much only listen to streamed tunes from my iPhone and the FM

Regarding Sirius, I also do not use the music part very often.

As someone else mentioned, the Traffic function is pretty much useless, either not up to date or incorrect most of the time.

I do, however, like the Weather and Fuel Price functions.  I called Sirius and asked how much for just the those two things and they said $2 per month.  Those functions were worth that to me so I signed up.  I'm happy for now.