A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Buy My 2nd Fusion

Lil_One

Congratulations!  We were looking for a Fusion Hybrid when we discovered the C-Max.  Our car is great thus far--lots of pep, lots of interesting technology that distracts you while driving LOL, and for us pretty good summer mileage.  You'll love your car.  What colour did you choose?

I had my 2010 Fusion since Oct '10 and was ready to buy another.  Out in the dealer's lot on the way to the showroom to sign the deal, I walked past a couple of C-Max's and asked, "What's that?"  I am now a C-Max owner.

You ain't the only one!!!!!! I was dead set - knew what I wanted in my Ford Fusion Hybrid (FFH) and on the sheer whim of testing the new Ford hybrid engine (at that time, Galpin only had C-Maxs and no FFH) I tested the C-Max.

The rest is :shift:  HISTORY.

I am sure in an alternate universe, there is a Jus-A-FFH on some forum run by Robert Lane (who probably works for Toyota) . And Adair will have her FUZZY PINK rabbit bunnies instead of Aliens in her car.... :hysterical:

Welcome to the Forum by the way :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Same here. My friends had a Fussion for a loaner while they're car was being repaired. I liked it and was looking to get one when I saw the C Max. The head room and comfortable seats sold me on the spot. Oh and over double the mileage of my current car. Ordered my Maxie that day. I'll never go back to a regular car again.

Me too.  I had wanted a Fusion Energi since it was first announced.  Got in the C-Max and it was love at first sit.  My head doesn't scrape the ceiling.  I can see stop lights when I'm the first car in line!  I actually flipped a sun visor down for what may have been the first time in my life.

Laurel, I have the Oxford White.  

Thanks to all for the welcome wagon "hello's" !!!

On a sad note,  I have the dreaded "my battery died" syndrome.  That's what brought me here to the forum to see if I wasn't the only one.  I bought the car on May 20th and on June 24th I went to get in the car and didn't see the dashboard light up.  I said to myself .... out loud, "This can't be good."  I have about 1200 miles on it and totally bummed out. I am practically having anxiety attacks since I drive to downtown Detroit for work. 

After getting a jump, I drove it to my dealership, showed them the TSB's, and asked them to check the battery life and load test it (all thanks to my fellow C-Max'ers comments on here.  The dealership denied knowing any problems with the C-Max but would check it out.

I ended up with a new battery (said it failed the test) and they updated the software. 

I DO love this car and I'm willing to give it another chance to not disappoint me.   It's a blast to drive and watch my MPG's go up. 

Me too.  I had wanted a Fusion Energi since it was first announced.  Got in the C-Max and it was love at first sit.  My head doesn't scrape the ceiling.  I can see stop lights when I'm the first car in line!  I actually flipped a sun visor down for what may have been the first time in my life.

I took a  look at the Fusion Energi - HOLY COW  :drop:  - why have a trunk at all - that battery is HUGE! I'll wait for GenII when they shrink that battery.

Hey, Lil_One, sorry to hear you had to experience the dreaded battery issue.  Hopefully, you'll only have to endure it once!  I've been in the (large) lucky group of people who haven't had this problem, and feel for those who have.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard. Sorry about the dead battery. We bought ours May 30 and haven't had any battery issues, knock on wood. We were looking at suvs because the better half wanted something that sat up higher. Looked at Rav4, Mazda CX5, Subaru Forester, & was ready to sign on a Honda CRV. Somehow stumbled on the CMax & started researching it like crazy. Was only expecting to get high thirties for mpgs & have been pleasantly surprised with even better results.

• 3 weeks later...

We were looking at suvs because the better half wanted something that sat up higher. Looked at Rav4, Mazda CX5, Subaru Forester, & was ready to sign on a Honda CRV. Somehow stumbled on the CMax & started researching it like crazy. Was only expecting to get high thirties for mpgs & have been pleasantly surprised with even better results.

That sounds familiar. My 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander was t-boned by a lexus and totaled, so my wife and I went out looking for a new vehicle - we referred to it as "trying them on", since we weren't interested int est driving anything, until we know what felt comfortable.

Looked at the Rav4, CRV, CX-5, Forester, Hyundai Tuscon, and stopped by the Ford dealer to look at the Escape. When we mentioned that we were going to look at at Prius, he showed us the C-Max, then the C-Max Energi. Which had far more interior room than my Outlander did.

Also showed us the Fusion Energi, but it wasn't comfortable to sit in, so that went by the wayside.

The Tuscon, Rav4, and every modelof the Prius were not good fits. The Prius surprised me, because we'd driven a rented 2010 Prius on vacation for a week in 2011, and loved it. The new model? Nope, not comfortable.

Took everything we hadn't eliminated out for a test drive a week later. Loved the Subaru, but couldn't find one in the trim we wanted with an automatic transmission - between model years.The Escape had the most comfortable seats we'd ever sat in, but rode like a truck. The Mazda had the best ride of any of the vehocles, but the Worst! Seats! Ever! And the CRV had one minor little issue... the driver's seat belt connector is angled in slightly, and pushed into my wife's hip - just enough that we knew a trip would soon be very uncomfortable. (he Mitsubihi did the same thing...) We were able to wedge a folded cloth in between the connector and the seat, and that solved the problem.

Then we took the Energi out for a test drive.

Three days later we came back and took the Energi out for a second test drive, with plans to go test drive the Honda again.

And we talked while we were at the dealership.

*The Energi cost more than I paid for my house in 1984.

*The Red one that was on the lot had that stupid $1300 panoramic sunroof that doesn't open. For $1300, it should open, AND give me a back rub!

*For $30,000+, we shouldn't have to wedge a cloth betwen the seat and the belt to make driving a car comfortable.

*The grocery store next to where I work has 2 free 240V charging stations.

*Solar panels are being installed on the house.

*Can they get the car I want in a reasonable amount of time?

*Is $500 a large enough deposit?

The dealership secured a loan from a local bank at 1.99%, and on May 29, we took delivery of our new C-Max Energi.

I drive mostly locally, but we did take a 375 mile round trip to Connecticut for a graduation party a few weeks ago.

The car had 161 miles on it when I picked it up. It has 2365 now. I've filled the tank 3 times. The last was on June 28. On the Mitsubishi, I would have put in about 11 tanks of fuel by now.

So far, I've saved enough money on gasoline to make one payment. (And the electricity to charge it is miniscule.) I like this car overall.

Two quibbles: The horn is too stiff to just give a "tap", and they really should have offered a rooftop solar panel with a trickle charger.

-Kurt

That sounds familiar. My 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander was t-boned by a lexus and totaled, so my wife and I went out looking for a new vehicle - we referred to it as "trying them on", since we weren't interested int est driving anything, until we know what felt comfortable.

Looked at the Rav4, CRV, CX-5, Forester, Hyundai Tuscon, and stopped by the Ford dealer to look at the Escape. When we mentioned that we were going to look at at Prius, he showed us the C-Max, then the C-Max Energi. Which had far more interior room than my Outlander did.

Also showed us the Fusion Energi, but it wasn't comfortable to sit in, so that went by the wayside.

The Tuscon, Rav4, and every modelof the Prius were not good fits. The Prius surprised me, because we'd driven a rented 2010 Prius on vacation for a week in 2011, and loved it. The new model? Nope, not comfortable.

Took everything we hadn't eliminated out for a test drive a week later. Loved the Subaru, but couldn't find one in the trim we wanted with an automatic transmission - between model years.The Escape had the most comfortable seats we'd ever sat in, but rode like a truck. The Mazda had the best ride of any of the vehocles, but the Worst! Seats! Ever! And the CRV had one minor little issue... the driver's seat belt connector is angled in slightly, and pushed into my wife's hip - just enough that we knew a trip would soon be very uncomfortable. (he Mitsubihi did the same thing...) We were able to wedge a folded cloth in between the connector and the seat, and that solved the problem.

Then we took the Energi out for a test drive.

Three days later we came back and took the Energi out for a second test drive, with plans to go test drive the Honda again.

And we talked while we were at the dealership.

*The Energi cost more than I paid for my house in 1984.

*The Red one that was on the lot had that stupid $1300 panoramic sunroof that doesn't open. For $1300, it should open, AND give me a back rub!

*For $30,000+, we shouldn't have to wedge a cloth betwen the seat and the belt to make driving a car comfortable.

*The grocery store next to where I work has 2 free 240V charging stations.

*Solar panels are being installed on the house.

*Can they get the car I want in a reasonable amount of time?

*Is $500 a large enough deposit?

The dealership secured a loan from a local bank at 1.99%, and on May 29, we took delivery of our new C-Max Energi.

I drive mostly locally, but we did take a 375 mile round trip to Connecticut for a graduation party a few weeks ago.

The car had 161 miles on it when I picked it up. It has 2365 now. I've filled the tank 3 times. The last was on June 28. On the Mitsubishi, I would have put in about 11 tanks of fuel by now.

So far, I've saved enough money on gasoline to make one payment. (And the electricity to charge it is miniscule.) I like this car overall.

Two quibbles: The horn is too stiff to just give a "tap", and they really should have offered a rooftop solar panel with a trickle charger.

-Kurt

When we got the C-Max back in September 2012, our main vehicle was a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager that was falling apart & a 1985 Chevrolet Celebrity station wagon. 

We not really searching for a new car, however due to both our vehicles having issues, having to borrow a friend's car, & my mother having Total Knee Replacement surgery coming up, the need for a new vehicle was there.

The day before we got the C-Max, my mother & I visited the dealership looking at the Escape, Flex, & Focus. I remembered hearing about the C-Max online & asked if we could take a closer look at one when I noticed it there at the dealership. The sales rep asked us if we wanted to take a test drive, we said yes. After the test drive, both my mom & I fell in love with the C-Max (however mom doesn't do any major purchases until checking with dad). Initially he was against it, however the next day we took him in & requested that he be allowed to test drive the C-Max. Same story as mom, he fell in love with the C-Max after the test drive (unfortunately I was unable to drive during either test drive).

After punching numbers & contacting several financial institutions, we were able to secure the C-Max.

The Escape we were looking at was an Escape Titanium (fully loaded), however it costs $5,000 more & had an EPA-MPG of 5 miles less than the C-Max. 

At the time of delivery, our C-Max was the 3rd one the dealership had sold, but was the 1st loaded SEL they sold. Our sales rep had previously worked over at the local Toyota dealership, so he had experience with the Prius, & his response was that the C-Max was, hands down, the better vehicle.

don't have to remind us.yes we know.at least i will get to finally drive one for the first time this weekend at the eco boost challenge.

but now with the recall of the roof, and since we didn't really want our SEL 303a with the sunroof, we couldn't get one if we tried.

it will still be a ways away till we get our Max.

"salsaguy" :rockon:  ...thats all I am gonna say, for now ;)