Wheelskin - Now That's Much Better!

Manticore

Put a Wheelskin on Ruby this afternoon, much better!.  I've put a wheelskin leather steering wheel cover on the last 3 vehicles I've owned so it just was a matter of time before one would find it's way into my C-Max.  I love the feel of these things and I also like the feel of a thicker steering wheel.

The C-Max is not the most friendly steering wheel for a Wheelskin due to the tumors they placed at 10 & 2, probably the work of some wanker at Ford.

So it's not the most elegant implementation but it is a definite improvement over the factory leather.

Personally I did not care for the feel of the factory leather especially the stitching they used, totally unacceptable in my opinion, but I bought the car knowing I could put a wheelskin on and make things more to my liking.

I did not remove the factory leather, but installed the wheelskin over the factory leather so it would fatten up the wheel.

The Bumps, I call them Tumors, are totally unnecessary.  I considered eliminating them but that would have been a messy process so I just installed over them as well.  There is exposed stitching as the wheelskin does not fully wrap around the tumors.  It would be nice if Wheelskins were to increase the width of the cover in those 2 areas for complete coverage.  It would be a far more elegant install, but sometimes you have to work with what you have.

I will follow up with some pics in the next couple of days.

Let me just say the wanker at Ford who thought those 2 tumors in the steering wheel were a good idea is suffering from a rectal cranial inversion.  Even Ford Motor Company is subject to hiring idiots from time to time.

Edited by Manticore

Let me just say the wanker at Ford who thought those 2 tumors in the steering wheel were a good idea is suffering from a rectal cranial inversion.  Even Ford Motor Company is subject to hiring idiots from time to time.

Tumors. :hysterical:    Sorry but Ford doesn't hold the patent on those "tumors".  My wife's Civic has them too. 

I'm a big Wheelskins fan as well, even though they're a pain to install, I think they're worth it.

The tumors seem to be the fashion these days.  My previous two cars (Honda and Mazda) both had them.  I can't quite close the gap in the Wheelskin but no biggie.