Back to the drawing board.....I jinxed myself

Today was the first hot (80+ degree day) since I got my C-MAX back after the new APIM was installed last week.

I went out to run some errands at lunch. SYNC worked fine when I started the car in the parking lot at work. Everything worked fine after I picked up Asia's race packet for the race tomorrow. Next stop was the health food store for about 5 minutes. On the way back out to the car I thought, " I should call Briarwood to tell them how well the car is doing. "

Got in and pushed the start button. NO SYNC!!! No phone, radio, CD. No buttons, paddles or dials worked. The screen looked perfectly normal.....except that nothing worked. I confess to sitting there for a few minutes in disbelief. We had all been so sure the new module would work.

I unpaired the phone so I could at least make a call, and called the dealership with the bad news.

With the holiday and all, I doubt I will hear anything before the first of the week. They are going to call the engineers.

........................big sigh..........................I jinxed myself.

That's the pits. I know you had problems before with a headset and the car. Have you tried using another phone or that phone minus the headset? Just tossing out ideas.

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate any ideas. The thing that worked all winter was to turn the headset off when I got in the car, take and make calls thru SYNC while driving, then turn earbud back on when I get out. I had the sequence down so if I was on a call, either getting in the car or exiting, I could switch from one to the other and not lose the call. And yes, this is a different phone from the one when this heat-related problem started. Also, before the APIM install, I un-SYNCed the phone and drove the car for a week. SYNC froze twice, both times on hot afternoons. It never happens in the mornings or on cool days.

This is somehow connected to the heat. November - mid-April, after I figured out the headset switch sequence, it worked just fine. And last week, after the new APIM with temps in the 60s-70s and cloudy. No problem! Yesterday it was 82 and sunny...failure.

And no, Jus, I will not move any farther north to avoid the problem!

The last time I took it to the dealership while it was like this, someone on the Ford Hotline suggested I drive another C-MAX for a few days to see if the problem happened. I think I'll suggest that when they call me back.