Vehical Health Report

JohnnOhio

Good morning all

I was on my way to work this morning. All quiet, no radio, no phone sync, and just as Maxie turned over 4900 miles the voice command came on. Would you like to run a vehical health report? Please select  RUN NOW or ASK ME LATER on the touch screen. I didn't know it did that. Haven't seen a post on it yet so hear you are.

I didn't have my phone on so maybe it does it automaticly and couldn't in my case so had to ask.

Anyone have opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the report for the first time the other day.  It indicated two DTCs (diagnostic trouble code).  Unfortunately, I can't find an explanation anywhere on the Internet to explain the codes:  C41582 and C42482.  So, unless Ford publishes where these codes mean, the health report is of little value.

Edited by joe

I ran the report for the first time the other day.  It indicated two DTCs (diagnostic trouble code).  Unfortunately, I can't find an explanation anywhere on the Internet to explain the codes:  C41582 and C42482.  So, unless Ford publishes where these codes mean, the health report is of little value.

My subscription to the shop manual expired 7/10 or I would look them up for you.  Someone else perhaps?  Or, if its worth it to you, the monthly subscription is $20, but there's also a 24hr rate.  Google Motorcraft Service.  FYI, the site is a bit funky and only works with IE.  And something makes me think the ETIS site can look up codes given a VIN number.

My subscription to the shop manual expired 7/10 or I would look them up for you.  Someone else perhaps?  Or, if its worth it to you, the monthly subscription is $20, but there's also a 24hr rate.  Google Motorcraft Service.  FYI, the site is a bit funky and only works with IE.  And something makes me think the ETIS site can look up codes given a VIN number.

Hmm, I wonder if we should have a rolling subscription that jumps around between people.  It sure was nice to get all the details on the TSB's as they came out, but not fair for you to foot the cost.

I have a current Motorcraft subscription and looked through the master DTC Chart for the C-Max and couldn't find anything close to C41582 or C42482.

Most of the DTC's have a format like C1001:01 or P0AFB:17.

The powertrain DTC's have a format like P0563.

That's depressing.  Imagine the poor service department schmuck who's trying to diagnose the problem (sigh!).