Highway FE Testing Starts

ScubaDadMiami

Now that I have finished most of my local road testing, I happen to have some highway driving on my list. 

I made about an 80 mile trip, yesterday.  I used Eco Cruise, and I set the speed at 56 mph.  Surprisingly, I still managed to get 50.2 mpg for the round trip, which consisted of 80-90  percent highway driving.  (Took some local roads to get to the highway, at each end of the trip.)

What a car!  :yahoo:

I did a 400+ mile highway day trip this weekend.  Car was loaded down with 4 people, luggage inside, and a new hitch and cargo carrier installed on the back with a load of camping equipment.   Temps range from 85F in the morning to 105F while idling in a parking lot during the afternoon. A/C set to 72-74 auto/recirc.  Eco-cruise set to speeds from 65-73mph with a headwind on the return leg.  85/15 hwy/city.  Got 40 mpg for the day.

There is a good stretch of highway by my home that's ~25 miles all slightly down hill at 60-70 MPH. Managed ~85mpg for that little stretch, but for sustained speeds over flat ground 70+ MPH I believe there is no hope of attaining close to 47 mpg with a stock car.

Which I'm fine with.