Clinging to my 3.1.3

I am like one of those old farts who doesn't want to give up his Jitterbug cell phone for an iphone.  Our MFT 3.1.3 has been super.  We are just planning a one week road trip over to Long Beach on Vancouver Island.  I gave my hubby a list of things to program in for our trip such as locations to catch the ferry going over and back, whale watching tour locations, hotel in Tofino, different sights along route etc. etc.  While I was in the grocery for 15 store minutes he completed my list without a glitch.  I will be most reluctant to go in for the upgrade.  It was very cool to look at our proposed route on the navigation screen  seeing the road stop and the ferry route through the Gulf Islands etc.

WOW! You could see the whole route? That's awesome Laurel!!! We've only gone on 2 trips that required (not really) navigation, and it was point-to-point! Everywhere else we drive, we've been before (boring? maybe!)

I don't blame you. You've had wonderful luck with Tip, and I'm so happy for you! I would not be inclined to jump off the 3.5.1 cliff just yet either.

Yes, the whole route shows and then we choose the shortest, most eco friendly etc and then we lose the big overview..  It does look very neat to see the ferry route as well (two hours on the ferry to get to the spot on Vancouver Island where we are heading for).  It will be interesting to see how accurate it is when we are on the Island.  I am looking forward to the whale watching in Tofino.  We are taking our wee dog Tinker and she has a dog sitter booked while we are at sea looking for whales. It sure takes coordinating to travel with a pooch in hot weather.  But the internet is great as I found a nice gal who will take her home to play with her Whippet for the afternoon.  Then after that leg of the journey we found cabins on the protected side of Vancouver Island with a warm beach and it is very dog friendly.  Looking forward to hitting the road on Wednesday.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Would love to see pix of the whales! An old running friend of Asia's just moved to (Washington State or Oregon?) and posted some pix of a pod of Orcas! It's like wonderland!!

Orcas!!! I :wub2:  Orcas, just wish I'd seen some during our last trip up the Pacific coast to Vancouver and Victoria area then the ferry to the island.  Beautiful up there, have to return some time.