Todays best numbers

mtb9153

Well wanted to share this picture which I took today.  Earlier I took off on a mini road trip up freeway 280 towards South San Francisco.  Crossed over to 101 south and heading back towards San Jose.  Round trip about 75 miles and as I drove up 280 towards SFO I saw MPG numbers fluctuating up and down +/- 1 to 2 mpg at first as I make the climb up towards the city while driving along side the San Andreas Fault Line.  There is a stretch of 280 after driving past the 99 interchange towards Half Moon Bay and the freeway starts to really increase in altitude as you get closer towards South SF.  Probably a 200 or so feet gradual increase from the 99 interchange until I head east towards the 101 interchange.  It is a continuous slight up and down drive for more than 10 miles I'd say, geography pushed up by the formation of the fault line.  Mileage was as high as 54 and fell back to 37 in some of the longer sustained up hill sections.  But by the time I got down to 101 along side the SF bay and while driving past Candlestick Park (former home of the Giants and 49'ers), my mileage had stabilized again at 45.  Continued to fluctuate +/- several tenths all the way back to San Jose.  By the time I pull off freeway 85 in Los Gatos my mileage was back up to the 47 mark.  I stopped by to visit my Dad at his care facility about two miles from my home.  Mileage was at 48mpg.  Left the facility and drove home, pulled into the garage and shut off the ignition and recorded the picture attached below with my personal best for any lengthy traveling in over two weeks.  I have been stuck in the 32 to 37 range for over a week while driving on city surface streets.  It almost seems like my Max does better out on the freeway these days.  Temps today were in the upper 80's in the sillycorn valley where I live.  As I approached SFO the fog was rolling over the coastal mountains as it always does in the evenings as dusk approaches, so outside temps fell to 69 according to my dash temperature.

So there you have my drive this evening pretty much as it happened.  So everyone was along for the ride to San Francisco this evening, hope you enjoyed it? :)  

Edited by mtb9153