Changing AM/FM stations presets?

Have had our C-Max SEL (Sony Audio) for a week. It was transferred from another dealer, and had apparently been used to demo the MFT. All the FM presets are set for stations out of the area or of no interest.

The Owner's Manual and Quick Reference Guide explain how to preset a station, but not how to remove or change a preset.

Anybody know how to do this? My wife want's her NPR!

Manually tune to the station you want, then touch and hold the preset number on the touchscreen you want to save it too.  Takes about 5 secs for it to "beep" the save confirmation.  New station is saved over old station.   My NPR is in HD and it sounds wonderful.  It's the #1 FM preset on my radio, also #1.2 and #1.3 since they broadcast two additional sub-channels with different programming!  Yet another big reason I opted for the 302a package.

Edited by fotomoto

love my hd radio in my Passat. first time for hd for me. i know my wife will love hers once she gets her c-max.

wish more stations had the sub stations. my fav smooth jazz station has s sub station that plays all the classic ones from the best artists so you don't just have to listen to the current top jazz hits that are on the main channel.

Edited by salsaguy

I thought it was intuitive since that was exactly how my old physical-button radio worked. 

I still can't remember how I figured out how to move to an HD subchannel, fortunately I preset the ones I'm interested in back when I was figuring it out with the manual in front of me. Groove Salad (warning: it auto-downloads a .pls playlist file, so it might auto-play in your iTunes) is my main go-to station, it's carried on a subchannel of the local PBS station. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger