New C-Max and New Member

CMax-Traveler

Hi everyone!  Been lurking for a while, but just registered and wanted to say Hello!

I had been considering buying a C-Max for some time, but had never gotten around to it.  I had been driving an 06 Honda Civic Hybrid with 106K miles on it, which I loved, and which had never caused me any problems.  My typical MPG in the Civic was 38-43 both city and highway, depending on the outside temperature.  The only thing I had been disappointed in was that it was sluggish to accelerate, and that you couldn't put the back seats down to put something large in the trunk.  But it was getting up there in the mileage and I had already had the battery replaced once (under warranty, thank goodness) so it was time to move on.

I was concerned about the C-Max reviews about gas mileage, but decided that even if I only get 40MPG it's just as good as my Civic.  So I finally decided to go for some test drives.  I went to my local Ford dealer, test drove the C-Max, and bought it on the spot.  I just loved how it drove, how tight the steering was, how despite being a hybrid it still had power.  I picked up my new C-Max on July 22nd.

Having driven hybrids before, I know pretty much what it takes to drive it "correctly."  So far, around town I've been averaging 50-55MPG. Last wekeend we took a long weekend trip, with 4 adults plus a load of gear, and at 70mph we still averaged 40MPG highway.  So I'm quite happy, and the car still has a lot of breaking in to do.  First tank, half city, half 70mph highway, was 460 miles, and it was only a 10.5 gallon tank.  This tank (also half highway) I'm on track for 550.  I'm hoping to join the 600 mile club soon.

I'm scheduled to get the software update tomorrow morning, we'll see how that goes!

Anyway, I'm excited to be a C-Max owner, and looking forward to sharing my experiences with everyone!

I test drove a new 08 civic hybrid back in the day and, I too, didn't like that the rear seats weren't a full pass through design.  That and the fact the a/c didn't work at stops while the ICE was off was a definite deal breaker here in south Texas.   We also have an 09 Civic EX coupe and the CMax is head and shoulders above it in daily driving tasks.

• 4 months later...

Similar story for me—came to the C-Max via my Honda Civic Hybrid '05. I was also fortunate enough to have my IMA battery replaced under warranty too.

Despite a few issues like an inconsistent auto-stop, I loved that little Honda and it treated me well (40/49 mpg), probably because I was stingy on the accelerator because of the driving feedback.

When it was time to get a new car, I wanted a hatchback hybrid that felt higher with a good dashboard—no competition from the Japanese manufacturers for my requirements. No idea about the C-Max until I searched hybrids a few months ago which then started an obsession. Never thought I'd go with a Ford but so glad I did.

Still breaking in my C-Max but hoping my hybrid experience translates into great mpg. Interested to learn from everybody else on this forum.

"When it was time to get a new car, I wanted a hatchback hybrid that felt higher with a good dashboard—no competition from the Japanese manufacturers for my requirements. No idea about the C-Max until I searched hybrids a few months ago which then started an obsession. Never thought I'd go with a Ford but so glad I did."

Great story, great move redux !  Couldn't agree more - "no competition........".  (They sell T. P.'s like pacifiers around here, often purchased site unseen, or purely on color selection only - sad.)

We are very happy with our Ford - keep on C-Maxing,

Nick

Hello everyone! I just bought my CMAX (ruby red, 302a, panoramic roof, remote start) on 12/26 turning in my wonderful 2004 Escape XLT w/only 103K miles on it. I've had Fords all my life but never a hybrid. Thank you to all that have posted and responded to questions. I learned a lot on this forum and in time hope to be able to contribute back.

A very happy new year to each of you! :rockon:

Hello everyone! I just bought my CMAX (ruby red, 302a, panoramic roof, remote start) on 12/26 turning in my wonderful 2004 Escape XLT w/only 103K miles on it. I've had Fords all my life but never a hybrid. Thank you to all that have posted and responded to questions. I learned a lot on this forum and in time hope to be able to contribute back.

A very happy new year to each of you! :rockon:

Oh boy.....I dunno.....I really dunno.....

:twister:

You're in for a spinning Good Times :rating:  & :congrats:

:)