47AvMPG

mtb9153

Drove 150 miles today left home with 41AvMPG, got home with 46.5AvMPG with a daily high of 53AvMPG.  Mostly driving 35-40mph on 2 lane country roads with some elevation changes.  About 80 miles was exclusively on freeway at 62mph with cruise control and A/C.  Came home down the Pacific Coast highway 1 from Point Reyes Lighthouse to 101 and onto the Golden Gate Bridge which is hilly and very twisty for more than 20miles.  My speed average was 35mph and this was my first real test of the handling of the CMax on a very challenging road.  I'm used to this kind of driving from my autocrossing and road rally days with my Datsun 240z.  I must stay the CMax handled very well.  Well balanced and flat through the turns.  If I got a little too hot into some of the turns and had to stab the brakes, the 4 wheel discs were very responsive and had plenty of braking power even when I pushed the car a bit.  Quite pleased with this first road handling trip.  As heavy as the CMax is, it was very responsive and flat through the tight turns and sometimes very bumpy country road.  The CMax is great little sports car that also gets excellent mileage.  Only used a 1/4 tank on todays trip